MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well there's a reason to have a safety on a handgun! :oops:

I wonder what kind of gun is was. Other than a 1911 design (with the safety off), I'd think you'd have to pull fairly hard on that key chain to pull the trigger. Then again, maybe it didn't even happen the way he said it did.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Demoted.
Common sense would tell me there is a loaded .45 in my pocket, lets not put anything in there that might discharge a round into my foot and or an innocent child or people in general. I am not one to say I Have never done anything stupid with a firearm, I have.....But this tops it!!!! I know things happen, but this shouldnt have IMHO

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Even if it was a safety equipped pistol, it could have easily come off in his pocket. The keys in the pocket with the pistol... :roll:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
"The only safety he needs is between his ears..." Sure it is....

I'll take a manual/thumb safety when it's an option.

·
Registered
163 Posts
choochboost said:
Even if it was a safety equipped pistol, it could have easily come off in his pocket. The keys in the pocket with the pistol... :roll:

Oh I know. I'm just saying people like that need all the help, and safeties we can throw at them! Maybe even a trigger lock! :?

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
It just reminds me of the famous Mae West quote: "Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

·
Registered
264 Posts
Accidental discharge my ass. What kind of dipshit carries an unholstered gun in their pocket and is then retarded enough to put his keys in the same pocket. More like negligent discharge.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow!! I carry my 642 without a holster because it puts the grip up so high that you can tell exactly what it is in my pocket. Therefore, I tend to just stick it in my pocket, BY ITSELF OF COURSE!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
medicff0879 said:
Wow!! I carry my 642 without a holster because it puts the grip up so high that you can tell exactly what it is in my pocket. Therefore, I tend to just stick it in my pocket, BY ITSELF OF COURSE!!

Trigger pull on a 642 is somewhat different than that of an auto, which is what I assume he blew a hole in his foot with. Still not a good idea to go naked. You may want to take a look at some different pocket holsters designed specifically for the type of pants you wear. There are holsters out there for flat bottom pockets like jeans and then ther are holsters for angled pockets like slacks. Mix and match doesnt work well and neither do the cheap Uncle Mike's thingies. They'll work in a pinch, but there are far better designs and executions out there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The only gun I have ever carried in a pocket was my 642, in a Kramer pocket holster, with nothing else in the pocket, ever. Duh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts