MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an IDPA class next week and don't think my holster/mag pouches will make it in in time. Does anyboy know of a readily available product that will work in a pinch? I've read on the forum that the Uncle Mikes kydex for the Glock 20/21 will work, are there any others? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i have the desantis speed scabbard and it works well for me. also, the m&p store has a few options

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I ordered a bladetech revo (the m&p store was out).....I just need something for the week to get buy, something I grab off the shelf this week at a local gunshop or sportsman's warehouse...

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you have a 9x19/.40 M&P, the Uncle Mike's dual mag pouch fits (I just tried them in mine). If you can find a "Yaqui slide" in the right size for a Glunk, it'll fit the M&P as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can probably get by with some type of nylon holster just for the class. My advice is to go to a gun store that carries the M&P and a decent selection of cheap holsters. You can probably find a universal nylon holster and they should be willing to let you try to stick their display M&P into it for fit confirmation.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You can probably get by with some type of nylon holster just for the class. My advice is to go to a gun store that carries the M&P and a decent selection of cheap holsters. You can probably find a universal nylon holster and they should be willing to let you try to stick their display M&P into it for fit confirmation.

the universal fit holsters are not suitable for IDPA or really much of anything else.

For IDPA you will need a holster that meets their requirements and one that you can holster one handed.

If you happen to want a Kydex M&P holster email me I probably have what you want in stock.

Mike

·
Registered
140 Posts
mike benedict said:

the universal fit holsters are not suitable for IDPA or really much of anything else.

For IDPA you will need a holster that meets their requirements and one that you can holster one handed.

If you happen to want a Kydex M&P holster email me I probably have what you want in stock.

Mike

Actually, the UM nylon that I have does meet IDPA requirements, and I used it exactly as the OP wants to - just as a temp until his "real" holster arrives. I would never use it as an IDPA holster regularly, but just for a class it is better than nothing.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Mike, do you have A10's for the M&P .45 in stock? I'll put in an order asap if you do. Also I don't see mag pouches for the .45 on your site. Do you have them?

mike benedict said:

Mike

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M47 - Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. I'm SOL when it comes to time so my only real option is to grab something local. Do you remember the model number for the UM?

·
Registered
140 Posts
fireroad said:
M47 - Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. I'm SOL when it comes to time so my only real option is to grab something local. Do you remember the model number for the UM?

Have it right here in front of me: It is the Sidekick model, size 15. My M&P .40 fits, albeit a snug fit - still works in a pinch. FWIW, I removed the metal belt clip and the thumb break strap (attached via velcro), leaving just an affixed loop that most belts will slide through. Don't remember what I paid for it, but I think it was under $20.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Mike, do you have A10's for the M&P .45 in stock? I'll put in an order asap if you do. Also I don't see mag pouches for the .45 on your site. Do you have them?
I'm not Mike, but I've bought three holsters from him as well as mag pouches. My experience is that if they're ordered by Friday, they go out in the mail on the following Monday. I don't think he keeps stock on hand.

He does make mag pouches for the .45 - I've got three of them. There's a customer comments box on the on-line order form; write in there that you want the .45 pouch. He actually reads what's in that box.

I've got an IWB setup from him in "coyote brown" for my .45 M&P, and it's actually a close color match for the FDE frame. I'm such a fashion slave...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have both M&P 45 and 9/40 holsters in stock as well as a few mag pouches

Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
mike benedict said:
I have both M&P 45 and 9/40 holsters in stock as well as a few mag pouches

Mike

Mike- Does your paddle holster for the M&P45 sit like a hip holster or is it a highride? Or, does it sit about the same height as a Fobus Roto-Paddle? Reason I ask is I'm short from my waist to my armpit and run out of room to draw a longer barreled gun. Don't know about the M&P45 as I just got it, but have problems with a 5"1911 and a highride holster. Sorry for threadjacking...............

·
Registered
415 Posts
the paddle sits exactly like my A10 belt holster.

It is as concealable as a am OWB holster can be It is not real high ride.

It will ride just like this pic

Mike

·
Registered
415 Posts
I do make both. Personally I use the belt loop ones. I usually have quite a few in stock since I sell up to 100 a month. Let me know what you need and I will try to get it out with tomorrows shipments.

Mike

·
Registered
415 Posts
1 1/2" are standard I make gear for 1" to 2" belts on special order

1 - 20 of 21 Posts