MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember in the last battle with the team's sniper in that clock tower with that tank aiming at him and blowing him up? Why didn't he just shoot into the tank's barrel. Wouldn't it cause the artillery shell inside to explode, or ruin the barrel of the tank?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very Doubful

IF the round was High Explosive, MAYBE a 1/100,000,000 chance.

The odds of shooting thru a 10 foot long tube and striking a bullseye are microscopically small. The gun tube would have to be aimed exactly at our man's head, which would be a poor target for any tank commander to choose. (Why shoot at a head when you have a whole tower to shoot and collapse?)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Trust me on this, you have a 105mm explosive shell seconds from your position, the last thing you are going to think about is "can I shoot at a 4" barrel from 150 yards away and hit the round". :wink:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Very Doubful

Fallschirmjäger said:
IF the round was High Explosive, MAYBE a 1/100,000,000 chance.

The odds of shooting thru a 10 foot long tube and striking a bullseye are microscopically small. The gun tube would have to be aimed exactly at our man's head, which would be a poor target for any tank commander to choose. (Why shoot at a head when you have a whole tower to shoot and collapse?)

and it's a frickin movie. some hollywood a hole figured the movie would be better if that guy was killed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dont know squat about artillery shells, but it would seem logical to have some form of safety that minimizes the chances of one detonating during any kind of transport accident. Kind of like they have on bombs.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
I kept wanting to yell at the screen...get off that ridge! Spread out, one grenade or mortar shell would take out the whole squad! Shut up you fools, you're supposed to be behind enemy lines, and what's this walking through open fields?

What did you do with your military advisor's, run them off?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sigman said:
[quote name='FIASH']He did shoot a german sniper in the scope. And he was a sniper after all.

It was a MOVIE
[/quote]

Carlos Hathcock did shoot a sniper through the scope in Vietnam. They kept the rifle. You should read his book, its great.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
TexanAviator said:
sounds like a job for these guys.......

Who ya gonna call?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='TexanAviator']sounds like a job for these guys.......

Who ya gonna call?[/quote]

If it were up to me?

I'd be calling this Mythbuster. Kari Byron rox my sox. I have other "choice" pics of her, but I think this one might be the most appropriate to post here

·
Registered
49 Posts
I work on artillery vehicles. There are safeties that would not allow a round to explode from being hit with a bullet, however those would be turned off when the round is loaded into the gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts