1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't see where it said with his OWN gun. I think he shot him with a gun he already had but than took the officers gun too when he left. Still f**ked up!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ducttape4all said:
I didn't see where it said with his OWN gun. I think he shot him with a gun he already had but than took the officers gun too when he left. Still f**ked up!

His own gun part was actually reported on CNN. I was eating my lunch and turned on the tv in the living room and it was on CNN (I normally read Reuters, AP, or get stuff through Lexis-Nexis). That was the first story that was on when I turned the tv on, with the headline, "Officer shot in head with own gun". I thought I had to pass it on, so when I was done with lunch, I found the article, and posted it on here. The details in the article are limited compared to what was said on the show, but they said he is in "extremely severe condition".

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I hope they catch and fry the perp, I also would like to see a follow up. They said there were doing everything they could to save his life, I hope that means he has a chance.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Sad story Do you think the cop was actually "checking in" on the donut shop though???? I think it was snack timel.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Man, our beloved law enforcement personel are falling left and right. In Florida we've lost at least 6 in as many months. My best friend is being sworn in on Friday as an LEO. I wish I could watch his back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Phiadelphia PD has a program like cops in shops where retail business have a log sheet thats signed by the officer in that area.As I type this it's 10:55 pm EST. So far the conditon is "extreemly crictical" .After the scum shot him he stopped to take the downed officers gun.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't know what the specifics of this incident are, but just based on the CNN story, it sounds like

a lesson in "situational awareness" can be learned from this incident. Police recruits are taught

this in the academy, but after a few years of "nothing happening", some can grow lax and a bit

complacent. I am not saying that this is what happened with this officer, but many cops have

been shot and killed when they walked in on a robbery or some other crime in progress.

Anytime I am getting ready to go into a convenience store, etc., I always drive in front of it first

and look inside for signs of something wrong like a missing clerk, etc. . I think this is a good

practice for anyone, not just law enforcement. If you are walking instead of driving you can do

the same thing by walking past and glancing into the establishment you want to visit.

If you are a concealed carry permit holder it is your RESPONSIBILITY to be aware of what is

going on around you and to avoid those situations, when possible, that would cause you to have

to use your weapon. In some states where "safe retreat" is no longer a legal requirement, I

think a moral obligation is still there.

I hate to hear of a brother officer going down like this. I will certainly pray for his recovery.

As far as the "donut snacktime" comment by an earlier poster....Well....I will reserve comment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know I hate to Sunday morning quarterback but the security video you see the officers car pull into the lot. The offender was exiting as the officer was getting to the door. There were some reports of a customer exiting just prior to this and telling officer Cassidy that "there was something wrong" inside. The local F.O.P. lodge going to raise a 50,000.00 reward for the arrest and conviction.I'll keep everyone up to date as best I can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Officer Chuck Casady was taken off life support today . There is a $115,000.00 reward for the arrest and conviction of his murderer. God bless him and his family in the day to come.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
rthomse said:
Officer Chuck Casady was taken off life support today . There is a $115,000.00 reward for the arrest and conviction of his murderer. God bless him and his family in the day to come.

Sad ending to a useless crime I hope they find that guy and hang him by his _________ (fill it in)

·
Registered
237 Posts
rthomse said:
I know I hate to Sunday morning quarterback but the security video you see the officers car pull into the lot. The offender was exiting as the officer was getting to the door. There were some reports of a customer exiting just prior to this and telling officer Cassidy that "there was something wrong" inside. The local F.O.P. lodge going to raise a 50,000.00 reward for the arrest and conviction.I'll keep everyone up to date as best I can.

I hope I didn't come across as Monday morning quarterbacking, that was not my intent. As a

Police Officer, and I am sure you know this too, we would be foolish not to learn from incidents

such as these. Sometimes officers do everything right and become a victim anyway, and that

may very well be the case in this instance.

My intent was to illustrate that sometimes officers do make mistakes that cost them their lives

and I think that those officers would want their brothers and sisters in law enforcement to learn

from their loss. I think it is one of the best ways to honor the fallen officer.

I know I have made some mistakes that could have cost me my life, and but for the Grace of God

did I live to learn from it.

A good website to keep up with law enforcement deaths in the U.S. is ODMP.org. I would encourage everyone to take a look. 2007 has been a bad year for law enforcement deaths.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ducttape4all said:

you are correct, sir...

the assailant TOOK the downed officer's gun on his way out.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Guys, If we could keep the donut jokes out of this...

I cringed when i started reading the article, and the first sentence basically started with "a police officer walked into a doughnut shop". the writer of the article, worded it almost like the beggining of a bad joke. "so, hey, stop me if you heard this one... ok, this cop walks into a doughnut shop, and.. ".

despite the fact that the real circumstances unfortunately happened in that setting, I personally believe that could have been written a little differently... but it wasnt.

so, since it wasnt... let's not exploit that in here. I have, and everyone should as well, the upmost of respect for Police officers and their sacrifices. A donut joke is bad enough, but to make it worse... this is a donut joke directed toward a deceased officer.

Please... a little respect.

·
Registered
501 Posts
EMTCOP said:
Anytime I am getting ready to go into a convenience store, etc., I always drive in front of it first

and look inside for signs of something wrong like a missing clerk, etc. . I think this is a good

practice for anyone, not just law enforcement. If you are walking instead of driving you can do

the same thing by walking past and glancing into the establishment you want to visit.

If you are a concealed carry permit holder it is your RESPONSIBILITY to be aware of what is

going on around you and to avoid those situations, when possible, that would cause you to have

to use your weapon. In some states where "safe retreat" is no longer a legal requirement, I

think a moral obligation is still there.

???? the moral obligation to do what?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Morgan,

Maybe a little wall to wall counseling huh??

thats my favorite kind

1 - 18 of 18 Posts