MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys getting that last round into the mag?

I just got back from a range session with my 40c and loading up those 10 round mags was a nightmare. By the time I had finished the fourth box of ammo, my left thumb was toast.

Anyone have any recommended loaders?

·
Registered
13 Posts
After several loadings, the mags do seem to loosen up a bit. Mine were really tight at first but they do get better.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Its called a Maglula UPLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader and Unloader, your thumb will thank you for it...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I've been looking, but everyone seems to be out of stock.

Anyone know where I can order the upLULA today?

·
Registered
131 Posts
+100 on the UpLULA! I've used it on the 9mm and .45 magazines (really tough) and it works like a champ every time.

I bought mine from eguns.com for $26.25. They are out of stock now but expecting more later this week to cover back orders as well as new orders.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Hopefully one of the three I ordered will arrive before I lose all the skin on my thumb. (Boy would a thumb print look weird right now.)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Another + for Uplula

DukieDog said:
Thanks guys. Hopefully one of the three I ordered will arrive before I lose all the skin on my thumb. (Boy would a thumb print look weird right now.)

You wont regret buying a Uplula. My wife & I have one each. No more sore fingers and loads any auto pistol magazine quickly! :wink:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not trying to sound like a tough guy but I find my M&P pleasurable to load, even after some long range sessions. I have three mags and none of them have given me any trouble loading them.

Could I have gotten a batch of light springs or has years of squeezing tennis balls while bored finally paid off?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another vote for the Uplula universal pistol loader. It's nothing short of fantastic. I have a 58 year old thumb that has also been sore for many years with a severe jamming from a skiiing accident. I would have to stick to revolvers if it wasn't for the Uplula. I shot 300 rounds yesterday and my thumb didn't complain one bit. A marvelous invention.

BUY ONE...you won't be disappointed.

Regards

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You don't need a mag loader, just use two thumbs and some pressure. I weigh 135lb wet and can load all my mags full cap without any problems or special gadgets.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's all a matter of technique and practice. Try changing the angle at which you hold the magazine, or perhaps butting it up against your abdominals (for those of you with firmer abs). Maybe using a grip strengthener would also make it easier on your hand muscles - Grip Master @ Amazon - this would also help your shooting by strengthening your grip and wrists
2 birds with one stone.

It could be that you just need a little thicker skin on your thumb(s) too. I get this after a long day of loading rounds, but it's not debilitating in any way.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't feel bad DukieDog, I had one mag that was a breeze to load and the finger extension one literally about killed me. I like to never got #10 in the mag and thought I was a wuss or something. My others pistols and the one mag are not that way, I have it sitting fully loaded to try and help break it in and I'm getting a upluda from the MP Store this week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
UPLULA all the way!!!

I can load a mag in 12-15 seconds. I also have a 58 year old thumb that can't take the strain anymore. It's an ingenious design.

Regards

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
pistolpacker said:
UPLULA all the way!!!

I can load a mag in 12-15 seconds. I also have a 58 year old thumb that can't take the strain anymore. It's an ingenious design.

Regards

I agree but my thumb is 11 years older than yours. Why endure the pain and inconvience, just use the Uplula unless you have something to prove? :roll:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
Its called a Maglula UPLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader and Unloader, your thumb will thank you for it...

Well worth the money...if ya think the M&P is hard to load...try a Taurus .40 24/7 15 round mag...talk about toasting your fingers!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, kept the mags loaded all the time. Maybe they have become a bit looser, but that 10th is still a PIA.

Got the UpLULA (been on backorder for a while) and now I could care less. I can load the mag faster than I can pluck the rounds out of the box. MUCH better.

Ordered a second loader just in case the first breaks, or to lend a friend.

Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts