MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, no idea where else to put it, but I'm REALLY starting to hate the less lethal ammunition movement.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/brrrrzzzt!/xrep...ssly-275461.php

A taser shotgun round... great idea. Although the technogeek side of my soul thinks it is beyond cool if it works, it's jsut a bad idea. We've been training law enforcement to break out the taser at low levels of confrontation. Then they made it pistol shaped, and we got people thinking they grabbed their taser and grabbign their gun, and vise versa.

Now they want to put the taser in a REAL firearm. So now we train the police to reach for the shotgun at low threat levels to contain the situation?

Like the subject says.. this should end well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Working as intended for the powers that be.

Hitler actually pioneered the idea of using "non-lethal" weapons to train his officers to target citizens. It's a lot easier to pull the trigger on a gun when you've done it before with a tazer.

Also notice how the public is always told "non-lethal" but the actual phrase used by law enforcement is "LESS lethal".

It's getting to be every week I see someone tazed to death or killed by a rubber bullet to the face.

Quite disgusting and frightening.

·
Registered
84 Posts
To be honest, the non-lethal vs less-lethal one is more an evolutionary one. Every one was calling these gadgets non-lethal and in recent years law enforcement switched to less-lethal mostly to get the police users to think of them as lethal, but less so. The Public just hasn't fully adopted the new name yet.

But yeah .. rounds that use the same gun sound good in theory .. In practice that is going to suck big time for someone.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M&Pdoggy said:
It's getting to be every week I see someone tazed to death or killed by a rubber bullet to the face.

Quite disgusting and frightening.

Well, rubber bullets aren't meant to be shot AT soone. They are meant to be bounced off he ground and skipped into a crowd for crowd control.

But their misues is a perfect example of lax training and competing habits under a stressful situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts