MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want info on shooting (mostly handgun) competitions in Ohio...let me know. If I can't answer your question, then I can likely point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Flexmoney said:
If you want info on shooting (mostly handgun) competitions in Ohio...let me know. If I can't answer your question, then I can likely point you in the right direction.

Where are you at in Ohio? I'm in Northern Ohio.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the Columbus area. (Originally from south eastern Ohio...McConnelsville.)

We may be seeing a few new monthly match in the northern part of the state in 2007.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Flexmoney said:
I'm in the Columbus area. (Originally from south eastern Ohio...McConnelsville.)

We may be seeing a few new monthly match in the northern part of the state in 2007.

That interesting. I have not been able to shoot IDPA much the last 2 years. Used to shoot almost every Tuesday night, but work has made it to difficult to do this, along with some other problems. It would be interesting to see how closer to me some of this new shooting maybe ?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Have you guys been to Briar Rabbit Shooting Sports in Zanesville, OH yet? This facility is not in the north but the drive there is well worth it and they offer the competition you may be looking for. You may want to check their web site www.briarrabbit.com.

Briar Rabbit is open to the public and they have six stages for action pistol shoots wich are really fun. They have shooting events on the weekends. Wayne, they post their schedules on the web site so you could work something in to your schedule.

I started practical shooting at Briar Rabbit this summer and I am becoming involved in this good sport. I got a M&P 9mm recently and shot it for the first time this Thursday. What a great pistol! I shot it at the Stonewall indoor range in Broadview Heights...www.stonewallrange.com.

Jeff

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...where in the north are ya ?

We can find you somewhere to shoot, especially after winter...many clubs go on winter break in Ohio. (A handful shoot thru winter, usually indoors with abbreviated matches.)

There is USPSA (IPSC) in the Cleveland corner of the state.

CROOKED CREEK PISTOL LEAGUE - OH12

http://www.practicalpistol.net/

Contact Info

Bud Connolly

Perry, OH 44081-9602

Home: (440) 259-3512

Work: (440) 280-5254

Email: [email protected]

Club/Range Address

4323 SR-534

Rome, OH 44085

Club Coordinates: 41.63100,-80.95310 41 Deg 37 Min 52 Sec,-80 Deg 57 Min 11 Sec Google Map

Our club is located in Hartsgrove, OH on State Route 534 ~10 miles south of I-90 and 2 miles north of US-6. We shoot on the second Sunday of the month from April to October. We normally run a 4 stage match with 80 to 100 rounds required. Signup on Sunday from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM and the cost is $15.00 with reshoots for $5.00. See our web page for more info and directions.

And, in the Toledo corner:

NORTHWEST OHIO COMBAT PISTOL CLUB - OH06

Contact Info

Tom Frederick

Fremont, OH 43420

Home: (419) 334-7136

There is a club in Findley that currently shoots IDPA. They are likely expanding and picking up USPSA (IPSC) in 2007.

And, there is a club near Canton that is trying to get USPSA together for 2007.

They shoot IDPA at Ashland Lake also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you are getting down toward Zanesville, then just down the road a bit from Briar Rabbit is Rayner's Range.

http://www.raynersrange.com/

RAYNER'S RANGE PRACTICAL SHOOTERS - OH11

Contact Info

Thomas L. Rayner

Blue Rock, OH 43720

Home: (740) 674-4240

Work: (740) 674-7019

They run fantastic USPSA matches on what used to be their family farm (huge range).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Flexmoney,

Thank you for this information! I am in Akron, Ohio.

The club near Canton (I am orgionally from the area also) would be closest for me. Canton is to my south, about 15-20 minutes.

Would you happen to have a contact for the club near Canton ?

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The club in Canton is Greenport Tactical:

http://www.gta.dynalias.org/

I think they are a fairly new facility. I shot a bit there a couple of years ago and they seemed brand new then. Since then, I think they've run some IDPA matches. I'm hoping they can get their people together for USPSA next year.

I believe there is also a club that runs USPSA matches over in New Castle, PA. And, I know a bunch of shooters north of you head down around Pittsburgh to hit some of those well run matches.

CASTLEWOOD ROD AND GUN CLUB - WPA13

http://www.castlewoodpistol.com/

Contact Info

Doug Peters

New Castle, PA 16105

Home: (724) 333-2321

Work: (724) 333-2321

Directions: Castlewood Rod & gun Club is located 4.9 miles west of route 79 & 422. The route 422 exit number off I 79 is exit 99. From the East: Route 422 west for 4.9 miles west of I79. Turn Left onto Mill-Bridge road for 1 mile. Turn Right onto Shaffer Road. Castlewood is 1.3 miles down Shaffer Rd. on the left. From the West: Route 422 east for 1.9 miles past sheetz gas station. Turn Right onto Mill-Bridge road for 1 mile. Turn Right onto Shaffer Road. Castlewood is 1.3 miles down Shaffer Rd. on the left.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Castle wood is a descent place, fun people.

You can hook up with me when the open back up next spring for USPSA.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Fire Medic,

Check this link http://www.webcom.com/gun_guy/rangesoh.htm to get you started.

I would just pick up the phone book also and look under 'guns.' That is how I found a indoor range near me. The weather is bad outside now so you may want to try a indoor shooting range. They are pretty inexpensive, say $12 or so a hour and you bring your own ammo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quite a few options in the Cincy area.

MIAMI RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB - OH03

Contact Info

Raymond P. Zillick

Cincinnati, OH 45248-1508

Home: (513) 574-6022

MIAMISBURG SPORTSMAN'S CLUB - OH04