MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a little extra bonus at work today so I had to go buy myself a plinker

I've wanted a lever action .22 for a while now so I picked up a Henry today. That will be a bit cheaper to shoot then the AR!

·
Registered
505 Posts
i almost convinced myself to buy one of those instead of my M&P. Wasnt sure if i wanted to spend that much money at the time... im glad i decided to buy the M&P anyway. I think i would still like to add a Henry .22 to my cabinet sometime though. nice guns and cheap to shoot

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it shooting at a little 50' indoor range. I put a Daisy powerline scope on there and am pretty happy with how it shoots. I was pretty much tearing out a 1-1.5" hole with 30 round groups. This was shooting off of a bench. I was much less accurate when standing.

I'm sure that if I concentrated, I could do 5-10 shot groups about the size of a dime

I'm looking forward to see what I can do on a 100 yard range

·
Registered
524 Posts
Very nice and congrats. I desperately need a .22, centerfire ammo is too damned much, and easy to burn through in a pistol.

Is that wood as pretty as it looks or do they do some sort of staining to get nice character like that? That wood is gorgeous!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ClosetCaseNerd said:
Very nice and congrats. I desperately need a .22, centerfire ammo is too damned much, and easy to burn through in a pistol.

Is that wood as pretty as it looks or do they do some sort of staining to get nice character like that? That wood is gorgeous!

It has beautiful grain. A nice smooth satin finish to it as well.. There are a couple of rough spots (this is their base model) that I may work on a bit when I have some time.

It is a bit more then a 10/22 but I think it has way more character.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice. Be careful that you don't put your eye out

I'm going to get a Walther P22 as a cheap alternative to shooting my M&P all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts