MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my new m&p must have sat in the display case for awhile. it's the m&p 40 mpBxxxx revision M and it doesn't have the teardrop striker. will s&w allow it to be returned and update it to rev.N and add the teardrop or do i have to wait until i get a failure?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I called them and asked them the same thing. I also have a revision M weapon but they said there is no need. I have fired at least 600 rds through mine and still have not had a failure. I also asked them if revision M weapons were having the most striker issues (broken strikers). The mentioned that strikers were mainly breaking because of people doing trigger jobs on them. I really do not know how a trigger job would cause a striker to break (maybe someone can answer that). Yobos4vr, try contacting them and see what they tell you. Then post their response. I really would like to know if we should be getting the revision N updates since it is my one and only carry weapon (i have no back up at the moment).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they told me that if i would like them to evaluate it then i'm free to send it via fedex on there dime . but i'll just shoot it at the range and see if i ever have a problem. hopefully i never will

1 - 4 of 4 Posts