MP-Pistol Forum banner

Being open minded and knowing what you know, what .40 service weapon would you choose?

• Glock 22

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springfield XD 40 Service

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the poll question states.. I'm currently qualified with my G22 and recently purchased an M&P 40. However with all the isolated minor issue(s) plaguing some M&Ps, I'm hessitant. The XD 40 is also on the list now.. I never have nor will be a brand (pardon my language) whore. I'll use it as long as it works 100%.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
When looking for a wonder action striker fired pistol I would, and did twice, choose the M&P. I have a fullsize 9mm and compact .40.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the M&P. It fits me like a glove. I just don't like the fact that it's "iffy". Some M&Ps have been 100%. Some have been failing within several hundred rounds (mag catch, striker breakage). I don't like the 50/50 chance.

Anything mechanical can break however..

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
breech said:
I love the M&P. It fits me like a glove. I just don't like the fact that it's "iffy". Some M&Ps have been 100%. Some have been failing within several hundred rounds (mag catch, striker breakage). I don't like the 50/50 chance.

Anything mechanical can break however..
The chances are not 50/50 that you will get a bad one. There are far more fine functioning M&Ps out there than bad ones. I understand your concerns though. I had to consider the same thing. I ignored the negative reports and bought another M&P anyway. After running more than 1000 rounds through it without a single issue, I'm glad I had the guts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts