MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my M&P 9mm earlier this week. I was thinking about getting a 686P .357 magnum later on down the road. The M&P is great, it points very naturally and I'm not doing too bad considering my experience consists of Nintendo Duckhunter. I was wondering if I'm better off sticking with one gun that will be like second nature with practice and if it is hard to have a natural feel and good ability with two different guns.

So I'm thinking maybe I should just pick up a second M&P if I want a second handgun, maybe a .45? Just curious, anybody ever try shooting two (same caliber) at once? (For all of you lucky enough to have more than 1)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
if at once you mean blazing away guns akimbo... it's stupid and don't even try. You'll waste ammo at best and be dangerous doing it.

As for getting ddecent with multiple guns... you can definitely get competent with multiple guns, but getting REALLY good means working on the setails, and you usually pay a penalty for mixing up platforms. Not necessarily a big penalty, but some.

it's fun to mix things up, so unless you are competing at a high level, knock yourself out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 686+ 4 inch and love it. It was my first gun and I rely on it for home defense. My mp9 is my main range gun, but I still take out the 686+ once a month or so to stay sharp. If you can afford one get it. Shooting a magnum gives me a rush and is refreshing once in a while.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
There's an old saying...you can never have too many guns!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 686+ 6 inch, an awesome gun. I also have a M&P40 and I plan on buying more guns in the future. Never have too many!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts