MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I do NOT condone vigilantism, but...

I like the heroics, but what is a 20 year old doing with a .45 concealed in his jeans? I am curious if there will be any additional charges, or lawsuits from the surviving criminal. Sad, but true...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I do NOT condone vigilantism, but...

Morgan Walker said:
I like the heroics, but what is a 20 year old doing with a .45 concealed in his jeans? I am curious if there will be any additional charges, or lawsuits from the surviving criminal. Sad, but true...

The article didn't really say how old "Hector" is. In Florida you are protected from both lawsuits and prosecution in this situation. "Florida law justifies use of deadly force when you are: Trying to protect yourself or another person from death or serious bodily harm; Trying to prevent a forcible felony, such as rape, robbery, burglary or kidnapping" http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/self_defense.html http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/florida-...aw-analysis.pdf

Not sure about Georgia laws. I may pull up Georgia's statutes if I have time later.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Everett Clark, who lives across from the house on Wolfe Street, said he hopes the shooting is a warning to any would-be robbers in Brunswick.

"Maybe this will send a message that we're sick of all these robberies and violence, and we're not going to take it anymore," he said.

It will only "send a message" if future potential criminals are smarter than the people over at the Brady Campaign.

I'm wondering if "Hector" actually had a revolver since he only fired 5 shots and at the end of shooting, both bad guys were still on their feet and moving. Seems to me that if he had a "hi capacity" semi-auto, he would have continued firing until they were both down.

If it was a ".45 caliber" as the article says, that sure opens your eyes as to the effectiveness of ANY handgun to stop a bad guy, even the much worshipped .45. Both those guys took hits and the one who died managed to run up a flight of stairs before he died. Admittedly, the perps did say they had just smoked some crack, but still, you get my point.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Irregardless, the innocent individuals lived and the bad guys got the short end of that stick. I would rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6. You would be hard pressed to find a grand jury that would be willing in indict on this obviously justified civil service. Tax payers came out on top for a change - at least one anyway's!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm just happy to see nobody was hurt besides the two idiots. I hope this sends a nasty message to would be home invaders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts