MP-Pistol Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ive been looking at shootersjax.com also. The price that you mentioned, is that for LE only?

If you buy from Shooters thru Gun Broker (do a search at GB), the shipping is only $22 with the gun being $479. You also get to leave GB feedback.

Note: This price and the one I got from Bud's before the stock ran out was good for everyone, including non-LE.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you buy from Shooters thru Gun Broker (do a search at GB), the shipping is only $22 with the gun being $479. You also get to leave GB feedback.

Note: This price and the one I got from Bud's before the stock ran out was good for everyone, including non-LE.

I just noticed in your signature that you have a PX4 also. Ive been trying to decide on an M&P and a PX4, probably in the 9mm. What are your thoughts on each?

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just noticed in your signature that you have a PX4 also. Ive been trying to decide on an M&P and a PX4, probably in the 9mm. What are your thoughts on each?

It’s hard to give you a fair comparison because of the size difference and the action (striker-fired vs DA/SA). The PX4 feels better in my hand than just about any other gun I have handled. Add a Hogue Handall slip-on grip sleeve and it’s basically perfect. The trigger is pretty decent, but the reset is a tick too long for my taste. The recoil also seems to be lighter than most 9mm’s I’ve shot. The gun is big for a 4” barrel and doesn’t conceal well on me. I also couldn’t get used to the slide mounted control, which is easier manipulated with the gun still in the holster. I prefer frame mounted safeties/decockers which give my hand easier access when in the firing grip. Of course, safeties can be left in the off position and it doesn’t matter where they’re mounted. It’s all up to how the user wants to run the show. The verdict from me is that the PX4 is a really nice range and open holster gun, but doesn’t hide well in concealment due to size. FYI...the F model which has a 2-position safety and decocker can be altered to a spring-loaded return to fire (decocker only) G model. Instructions can be found at the Beretta forum. I think it just involves removing a detent ball.

I will defer to the other users on the M&P compact since I don’t have enough time with it yet, but I can tell you that its size vs capacity is perfect for me. I definitely prefer its design over the other popular compact strikers (Glock, Springfield XD). Compared to a S&W 642 Airweight revolver, the M&P compact is just a little over 50% heavier fully loaded (5 shots vs 13 shots) and has only a slightly larger footprint, mostly at the rear of the slide. There are plenty of upgrade sights (including Crimson Trace laser grips) and holsters on the market for the M&P, certainly more than the PX4.

I just threw this together so it may not flow well, but I hope it helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No. Just for regular Joe's. The other guy mentioned $22 shipping if you buy on Gunbroker.com but when I talked to the guy at Shootersjax.com he said that wasn't insured.

I wasn't aware of the insurance difference. I'll keep that in mind for the future. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Shootersjax.com still has the 40c in stock for $479 plus $25 insured shipping but the greatest thing is that they don't have a 3% c.c. upcharge. It looks like they sold out of the 9c about 2 days ago.

Since I found Shooters online several weeks ago, I have been checking their prices and stock every few days and they are as impressive as Bud's, if not more. Several AR's to choose from too.

·
Registered
692 Posts
SHOOTERSJAX.com just got the 9c's back in stock last week. They're $489.99 plus $24.95 for insured shipping. I think if you're paying with a credit card it still comes out cheaper than buds because they don't charge 3% for Credit Card users and the one at shootersjax doesn't have that, IMO, annoying thumb safety. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Budsgunshop.com has the m&p 9c for $439 shipped (plus 3% if you use a credit card). Incredible price! Too bad no free mags and it has a thumb safety or I'd be adding another for the girlie! Happy shooting!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Keep an eye on gunbroker.com for no reserve auctions. I got my 9c for $406 shipped. Ended up costing me $431 with transfer fee, no tax.

The same shop sold a new 40c for $430 at the same time. I got the one with thumb safety, but at that price I ain't complaining.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, now that I have both of mine, I guess it's time to reveal where I got mine :twisted:

Fin Feather Fur in Ashland, Ohio has the M&P full size 9 and 40 for $399, and the 9 Compact for $439. They have them in stock for pickup sales. So if you are in Ohio, here is a source at a good price.

I bought the 9 full and compact.

www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com Check the site out for phone number etc...
Bought my compact 9mm from Bud"s last year for $439 new.

Don Zeilstra

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dang, wish I found this earlier. I got a 9c from Buds for 508 plus the 3%.

BTW, I got the 206304 (thumb safety). i wanted the safety.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those of you in the Miami area, Lous Police Supply has an L/E / .mil discount for these guns. I picked up my M&P9 without any safeties and no nightsights for $399, and my M&P9c without safeties and with nightsights for $459

·
Registered
47 Posts
New user looking for my first. Buds is much higher now. Any new great finds.
Buds seems to be the cheapest i have seen almost anywhere for almost anything, and they have great service!! always will be a buds shopper, price noe is $478 free shipping too! if anyone can match or find it cheaper let me know please, I have the 9 FS and looking for the 9compact...

61 - 80 of 91 Posts