·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering one of these and would appreciate any comments

·
Registered
168 Posts
The leather holsters are worth the money. Don't know about their kydex rigs.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've got a FIST #8 owb for my M&P9c which I like. It's comfortable and conceals pretty well under a loose shirt. There's a dimple in the leather on the back, in the trigger-guard area, that helps with retention. Overall quality is very good, especially for $45. They don't have a listing for the compact yet. Took about 7 weeks.

Being the cheap [email protected] that I am, I also added some leather and kydex clips so I can use it iwb. Works pretty well.

Jim

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Fist offers some thin kydex holsters. The problem is they don't last.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been carring my Glock 30 in a Fist #9 IWB, which comes in their ultra thin kydex, for a little more than three years now. I was concerned at first because the ultra thin kydex is much thinner than any other kydex holster I have. However, it has held up nicely.

Even if it does develop a crack at some point (and all kydex will crack with enough use) I can buy a new one for about $50. I see it as a wear and tear item than I don't expect to last forever.

Also, the ultra thin kydex really helps minimize the thickness of the .45 ACP Glock 30.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a couple of their leather holsters. One is #19 Close Cropped IWB with a closed bottom and partial top reenforcement with belt loops for my Kimber Classic Stainless 5". The other is a #11 Close Cropped Combination with a partial top reenforcement. I much prefer the closed bottoms for IWB Carry. It keeps me from having to constantly remove the lint from my barrel. I like them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a couple of their leather holsters. One is #19 Close Cropped IWB with a closed bottom and partial top reenforcement with belt loops for my Kimber Classic Stainless 5". The other is a #11 Close Cropped Combination with a partial top reenforcement. I much prefer the closed bottoms for IWB Carry. It keeps me from having to constantly remove the lint from my barrel. I like them.

IWB holsters are very uncomfortable for me....until I tried a FIST ultra thin Kydex. I carry a Kahr PM9 that way now almost daily and hardly realize it's there. The gun just "clicks" in, stays there, but is easily drawn. I can get total access to the grip as well. In my opinion 10 out of 10 and I have tried all of them, Kramer, Sparks, Galco, Kytac, you name it, I've blown holster money on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
IWB holsters are very uncomfortable for me....until I tried a FIST ultra thin Kydex. I carry a Kahr PM9 that way now almost daily and hardly realize it's there. The gun just "clicks" in, stays there, but is easily drawn. I can get total access to the grip as well. In my opinion 10 out of 10 and I have tried all of them, Kramer, Sparks, Galco, Kytac, you name it, I've blown holster money on it.

Yep! Fist ultrathin iwbs for my PM9 & HK P2000 work great, conceal great.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I worked with a guy from one of those three letter agencies (Washington DC type agencies) that carried his issued Glock in one of the universal Kydex holsters. I was pretty impressed with how well the belt loops made it hug the hip and it seemed pretty durable to me. I definitely liked it better than my G-Code holster with Belt attachment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts