MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting some Gold Dot Loose pack ammo in 40cal.. Not for self defense but for plinking.. The price is good and I know I can run it through all my 40cals (410S doesn't like WWB).. Just wanting to get some input before I purchase anything..

Thanks,

Ben

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
The loose pack stuff is usually ammo recalled from the law enforcement market, it's normally labeled "Not for law enforcement use". The Speer Gold Dot like that usually has failed the reliability standard for law enforcement use, but it's fine for plinking. Just remember, if you get a POP instead of a BANG, STOP and check carefully, you could have a bullet stuck in the barrel.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.. Forget that then... Not going to take any chances.. I will just stick to my usual Remington UMC then... Thanks for the reply...

Ben

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree...anything that can be labeled "recall" for whatever reason doesn't make me comfortable. Why would you chance an accident with stuff that has identified "reliability" issues. Sounds like asking for trouble to me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered me some Remington UMC at $11 a box of 50.. I went and looked back at the Gold Dot and it says on the pic of the case.. "Not for Law Enforcement"..

I am glad I didn't order it.. I like my life and gun too much to take a chance..

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts