MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
American Optics? Crimson Trace is mad in the USA
Wrong answer.

Crimson Trace RDS are made in China!

While Crimson Trace optics are manufactured by Asian OEMs, the headquarters, R&D, design, service, marketing operations are in Wilsonville, Oregon.

Since you put a laughing thing, you obviously have done zero research.

Trijicon RMR and RMRcc are 100% US made.
Leupold makes full size RDS in the US.
MADE IN THE USA

The vast majority of Trijicon products, including ACOG, VCOG, RMR, RMRcc SRO, MRO, Iron Sights, MGRS, CCAS, Thermal Optics, Ventus, Mounts, and Archery Sights are designed, engineered, machined, and assembled at our facilities in Wixom, Michigan or Auburn, California, and are therefore 100% Made in the USA.

I take buying American products when available seriously.
You should do your research before assuming you know something and then supporting China.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Good for you, I really don't care because I buy Holosun. Made in China I'm sure just like our cellphones, shoes, clothes, masks

I just know they used to be made in Wilsonville, Oregon
What the hell kind of response is "good for you"?
Just admit you buy Halosun because you're cheap, that will save a lot of time.

If throwing your country under the bus to save a few bucks makes you sleep better, go for it.

If you pull your head from the sand it isn't hard to NOT support china.

Phones, none are made in the US anymore, but mine is from Bangladesh, the Galaxy S21 ultra.
Or you can buy an iPhone and support our enemy.
I don't believe any of my cloths are from China either, shirts are US made, pants are from the Philippines.
My work boots Red Wing are from Cambotia, SAS (San Antonio Shoes) makes tennis shoes right here in the US. For a mask I cut a shirt that was US made into a mask.
You are just making zero effort if you constantly buy China products.

Those of us that care about the country we live in choose not to support our enemy whenever possible.

You should try it.

To the best of my knowledge CT RDS were never made in the USA.

·
Registered
667 Posts
That's like saying you bought an American made Chevy truck when they are built in Mexico. A lot of those parts in that phone came from China. Toyota or Nissan may be foreign owned but they're built in the USA giving American people jobs.

Samsung uses 37% -58% components that are manufactured in China.
Other components include -Taiwan (9.8%), Korea (26%) and Germany and Switzerland (15%–24%)

FYI some foods in your store and restaurant come from China
Are you even trying?

The last 3 Chevy trucks I've owned were assembled in either Flint MI or Indianapolis IN. And the profits from those trucks goes into the corporate office in Detroit MI. Not Japan like the foreign vehicles you mentioned.
The first number of the VIN determines where it was made, mine have been 1 where as Mexican made vehicles are 3.
Plus the nifty little sticker the put on the driver door frame that says the union local and plant it was built at (see attached pic from my current Chevy truck door frame).

As to the Samsung phone, you are wrong again.

I think its in that article that says Samsung pulled 100% out of China in 2019.

The article you posted about crimson trace is from 2014, they didn't even dream of making RDS in 2014. So again I'll say to the best of my knowledge CT RDS were NEVER made in the USA. I didn't look up when they started but it was within the last few years, so that article has nothing to do with this conversation.

Psst: it takes like 30 seconds to look this crap up, you're digging a hole trying to avoid saying you're cheap and couldn't care anyless about this country.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread took a turn for the worst. I had the same problem with mine after I got it back from milling they release the news.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not quite sure what your getting at since the 3.1" doesn't come with an optic, only the 4".
The factory cut in the 3.1 is only for foreign made sights.

What I'm getting at is an American company like S&W knows most gun owners are too cheap to buy American optics so they don't offer a cut for them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So your's was the 2.0 single stack version?
The 3.1" Shield Plus does come with an Optics Ready version now and one with the Crimson Trace RDS
No, I have the 3.1" Shield +. I bought mine before the optics ready shorter one was out and had to have it cut. Turned out great, I just wish I could find some suppressor height sights for it.
Bag Grey Trigger Automotive design Material property

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
I.m proud to drive an American made Chevy truck. It's filled with DeWalt tools (most of them are American made with global materials), and we have CT products on our American made M&P Pistols. They satisfy our needs, but don't necessarily instill pride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts