MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the MSRP is on the thumb safety, and if one needs to have a gunsmith install it?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Larry said:
Does anyone know what the MSRP is on the thumb safety, and if one needs to have a gunsmith install it?
I could be wrong but the pistol either has one or it doesn't - at least so far. I ordered mine with it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I got my 45 with the safety ... easier to take it out if I don't like it then try & find the parts to install later.

It's acutally very simple to install. All's you really need to do is remove the rear block roll pin & rear block. On the left side of the block there is a spot for a spring & dedent, then just slip on the safety lever and put the block back in. the lever pivots on the roll pin so just be sure to put the pin in thru the lever. THink you have to remove the 2 fillers on either side of the frame as well if your pistol didn't come with the safety ... think they just slide out.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have 2. $500 ea. Not for sale.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it possible to easily install a thump safety on an M&P45 later on, or would it require some serious work by a gunsmith?

·
Registered
13 Posts
its seems like just a swap of the sear assembly, but since I don't have both I just can't tell. Does anyone know the part # for the sear assembly with thumb safety?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bravo said:
Is it possible to easily install a thump safety on an M&P45 later on, or would it require some serious work by a gunsmith?

Dan Burwell can doit. I like my safety, but it needs to harder to do and the useless one on the other side needs to be trimmed down. ahla the 1911.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts