MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several trips to shops to compare the glock, XD, and the M&Pc, I had no doubt that I had to have the M&P 40c. It just feels the best in my hand, has the best trigger pull, has great reviews, and looks the best (in my humble opinion). My local shop didn't have one in stock without the mag safety, but they ordered it for me today.

After reading some of the other posts on this board, I'm not so sure I got a great deal on the price ($480 w/ no mag safety), but after you figure in the factory $50 rebate and 2 extra mags, I can't complain.

Now I just can't wait for it to come in so I can try it out!

I'm also considering the trijicon night sights from Bud's, as well as the crossbreed supertuck IWB holster. I've never actually carried before (just got my permit), so if any of you have any suggestions/comments about choice of night sights or holsters, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone on this site. I've already learned a ton by reading what you folks have to say.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congrats!

Anything under $500 is respectable. But there definitely are better deals out there... however most of them being on the internet.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
m109rider said:
After several trips to shops to compare the glock, XD, and the M&Pc, I had no doubt that I had to have the M&P 40c. It just feels the best in my hand, has the best trigger pull, has great reviews, and looks the best (in my humble opinion). My local shop didn't have one in stock without the mag safety, but they ordered it for me today.

After reading some of the other posts on this board, I'm not so sure I got a great deal on the price ($480 w/ no mag safety), but after you figure in the factory $50 rebate and 2 extra mags, I can't complain.
You did good. Internet deals aren't always any better by the time you add in FFL fees.

I'm also considering the trijicon night sights from Bud's, as well as the crossbreed supertuck IWB holster. I've never actually carried before (just got my permit), so if any of you have any suggestions/comments about choice of night sights or holsters, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone on this site. I've already learned a ton by reading what you folks have to say.
I'm not sure what Bud charges but I got my Trijicons from OpticsPlanet for $109 shipped. Holster selection is a personal thing. I have a CrossBreed IWB mag pouch but haven't had a chance to play with it. The Comp-Tac MTAC is another holster worth looking at. Very similar just a bit upscale.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well... when its an FFL in California, then yeah.

My FFL fee is $15.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Trijicon SA37s on my full size .45 and will be putting them on my .40c shortly. I really like the Trijicons. I actually think they improved my range shooting considerably. Guess it could be that smith did a nice job aligning the sites (better than the factory) or I'm just getting used to the feel of the gun.

I put 7 rds in a 3/4" radius on the target at 25ft on the first day using them. The extra 3 rds were within a 1/2" of the other 7.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got the Ameriglo's from Bowie Tactical and installed them myself. About the same price as the SA37s, and I think much better match to profile of the M&P. Love em.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I ended up going with the crossbreed supertuck holster. I've worn it around the house some and it seems pretty comfortable, but I haven't had a chance to really wear it yet since I'm still waiting for my Tennessee CCW permit (currently about 7 weeks into the 90 days they allow for processing).

I'm still planning on ordering the trijicon sights (I'll look into those Ameriglo's too...thanks cvfl), but does anyone have any experience with the trijicon sights in the crossbreed holster? The pictures I've seen of the sights look like they're quite a bit larger than stock. They don't interfere with drawing or holstering do they? Also, what price range should I expect to pay to have a professional install the sights locally?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't have the stock ones handy - but am pretty sure the Ameriglos were actually lower profile rear than stock. I'd take some pics, but David has way better one's on his site than I'd take.

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=9212

Although If'n I had it to do over again, I'd wait for the yellow rears to go with the green front.

They were pretty easy to go on. I used punches to drift them in.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I bought a 40c with no night sights and added trijicon sa37s after the fact. They are identical in size to the non NS factory sights. I absolutely love them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am VERY happy with the Trijicon night sights. I would recommend them to anyone. I wouldn't imagine you having problems with them while using them in conjunction with a holster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts