MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i'm proud to say its an MP9c, as you can probably guess from my user name. i narrowed it down to a glock 19, ruger sr9 and the MP9. after weeks of researching each gun, it became clear that most people who have shot these guns all prefered the MP. i couldnt find much info on the sr9 though.

a friend of mine who has an XD9 advised me of the methods he used to break in his barrel. is this necessary for the MP? i'm wondering what steps any of you have taken to do this.

thanks,

Jesse

·
Registered
308 Posts
SWMPC9mm said:
and i'm proud to say its an MP9c, as you can probably guess from my user name. i narrowed it down to a glock 19, ruger sr9 and the MP9. after weeks of researching each gun, it became clear that most people who have shot these guns all prefered the MP. i couldnt find much info on the sr9 though.

a friend of mine who has an XD9 advised me of the methods he used to break in his barrel. is this necessary for the MP? i'm wondering what steps any of you have taken to do this.

thanks,

Jesse

Congrats on the new purchase...Early Christmas for you?

I don't feel you need to break in the barrel at all, but your mileage may vary. I just took mine out of the box, cleaned and lubed it, and started shooting...shoots great!

Oh, and welcome to the board!

Have fun and let us know what you think after you put some rounds thru...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tsix said:
Congrats on the new purchase...Early Christmas for you?

I don't feel you need to break in the barrel at all, but your mileage may vary. I just took mine out of the box, cleaned and lubed it, and started shooting...shoots great!

Oh, and welcome to the board!

Have fun and let us know what you think after you put some rounds thru...

yep its an early xmas gift to myself. i'll plan on disassembling and cleaning/lubing it real well first thing, then off to the range. i have about 1000 rounds of american eagle 124gr FMJ, and a few boxes of 115gr reloads FMJ also. i pick it up on thursday and i'm excited to experience first hand what all you guys rave about.

i'm looking for suggestions on a good affordable IWB lefty carry holster, as well as a cheap holster to mount the gun behind my night stand or something

·
Registered
83 Posts
If LaserMax considered building an internal guide rod laser sight for the M&P9c, that may get my Glock 26 away from me and into a an M&P too. Dealers at gun show today in Mesquite TX were selling M&P9c's for $399 cash. I assume it still would qualify for the rebate/mags...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was finally able to put about 300 rounds through it today with no failures. i am very impressed with it versus the other guns i was able to shoot. the only issue i had was when my wife was shooting it, the slide didnt lock back after the last round once, and it liked to fling shells at her head every 4-5 rounds or so. one actually went down her shirt and left a slight burn mark
. this didnt happen to me so i would think it has to do with her grip, more specifically limp wristing. switching to the small palm swell for her seriously reduced this issue however, i use the large

i was shooting american eagle 124gr FMJ and walmart remmington 115gr JHP's

in concluding i am very happy with my purchase so far, and i need a magazine loader
. maybe i can modify my HKS loader to work with the compact mags

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
SWMPC9mm said:
in concluding i am very happy with my purchase so far, and i need a magazine loader
UpLULA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got back from my second time shooting. i put about 400 rounds through it this time. i used all different types. it had no problems with speer gold dots, but did manage to get hung up on the feed ramp a few times using winchester +P+ law enforcement rounds. i expected this from reading others reviews here though. after about 20 of those it was feeding them fine though. every thing else it fed fine, various HP and FMJ rounds. total of 700 rounds through the gun so far and i'm very pleased with its performance.

i was hitting to the right of the target consistently and it appears my front sight is just slightly to far to the left. an adjustment in my point of aim solved the issue but i'll have to reset the front sight. it looks like the finish is wearing of the top of the barrel also. guess i'll have to do the vinegar trick

·
Registered
210 Posts
sholling said:
[quote name='SWMPC9mm']in concluding i am very happy with my purchase so far, and i need a magazine loader
UpLULA[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LockNLoad said:
[quote name='sholling'][quote name='SWMPC9mm']in concluding i am very happy with my purchase so far, and i need a magazine loader
UpLULA[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

after i modified it, my hks works good enough for me to load a 12 rd mag in about 20-30 seconds easily. fast enough to not convince me i need an uplula

·
Registered
118 Posts
The UpLula is GREAT!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts