1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
:roll:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ditto! Another great idea! He also challenged the dem wits that sighed this letter to collectively match the selling price and their money will also be given to the Marine Corps -- Law Enforcement Foundation to show their support of the troops. 8)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Rush Limbaugh is a draft dodging, loud mouth, druggie, and the worst kind of chickenhawk. I seriously doubt he gives a rats ass about "the troops".

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steelshooter said:
I seriously doubt he gives a rats butt about "the troops".

thats just not true.

he's visited troops in Afghanistan and he's visited wounded soldiers at Walter Reed. He's not an elected official, he doesn't do those things for the photo ops. He talks about his deep respect for our soldiers on a nearly daily bases. He constantly praises them when they (or their family members) call into his show.

and prior to this latest controversy, he has been a long time contributer to and sits on the board of directors of the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement foundations; which provides scholarships and other assistance to the children of fallen heroes.

maybe you should try listening to his show, he might actually make sense :)

...and it turns out he's not really an ass like everyone says he his. he's funny! liberals just don't have a sense of humor.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Steelshooter said:
Rush Limbaugh is a draft dodging, loud mouth, druggie, and the worst kind of chickenhawk. I seriously doubt he gives a rats butt about "the troops".

According to Wikipedia (not exactly a source sent down from above I'll grant) Mr. Limbaugh was granted a 1-Y and later a 4-F draft deferment for a medical condition. Interestingly the 1-Y classification was the same granted to a Mr. Howard Dean, a well known member of the Democrat party. http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...raft_deferment/

While Mr. Limbaugh might be a loud mouth and, perhaps a "chickenhawk" ?, at least he never did as one of his contemporaries did, he didn't take a tour of the soviet union with his mommy and never sent anyone to Mogadishu

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Libs and dems hate Rush. That's why I like him so much! 8)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Limbaugh is preaching to the choir and is ineffective because of it. I have heard his shtick many times over the years. He is a sideshow clown whose audience has steadily declined. But good job defying any sort of logic or common sense in justifying him. You can always depend on the standard labeling, talk about hate, and nonsensical comparisons to other people.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Steelshooter said:
Limbaugh is preaching to the choir and is ineffective because of it. I have heard his shtick many times over the years. He is a sideshow clown whose audience has steadily declined. But good job defying any sort of logic or common sense in justifying him. You can always depend on the standard labeling, talk about hate, and nonsensical comparisons to other people.

Having heard his shtick so often, may we assume you're part of the choir?

Yes, hate's a good thing to talk about: "Rush Limbaugh is a draft dodging, loud mouth, druggie, and the worst kind of chickenhawk" 8)

Nonsensical comparisons? Comparing a 1-Y to a 1-Y seems to make sense. Comparing R.L. to one of his contemporaries, one who admitted to "avoiding" the draft (avoid = dodge) seems to make some sense. Of course, perhaps they are nonsensical to you

The standard labeling part, you mean when I called a mother a mommy? :?:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for anyone following this, the bidding (that ends at 1PM EST today) is well over 2 millions dollars.

Rush said he would match the winning bid -- so thats over $4.2 million dollars going to the children of fallen soldiers and Federal LEO's.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Winning bid: US $2,100,100.00

·
Registered
82 Posts
Steelshooter said:

Like him or not, you've got to admit that his posting this letter then matching the bid for a charity that supports the troops is an absolutley brilliant move. He outflanked the dems and left em playing catch up. Now it's up to them to match the money or look bad.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Now if the land baron Harry Reid & his rich liberal friends like Stretch Pelosi, the Swimmer Kennedy, Catchup Kerry, and King Soros will match it to show how much they love the troops, that will be over six million dollars plus all the smaller donations for the copies on Rush's web site. This could get pretty big! Somehow I don't think old Harry thought it would turn out this way. :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts