MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that is going to Wake Forest and he has his CWP for SC and his main residence is his parents in South Carolina.. Now being a full time student he doesn't have to reg his car or driver's license in North Carolina.. But what about his CWP for South Carolina.. Does his CWP still count? Just wondering if anyone might know..

Thanks as always,

Ben

·
Registered
910 Posts
NC honors SC CWP's, as tigs, and NCPatrol both said. He also has the option of open carrying in NC as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.. Yeah, he isn't going to carry at school.. Just when he is out and about.. Being in a strange town and not knowing the bad sections yet.. He just wants to be prepared.. :wink:

Ben

·
Registered
188 Posts
ben2112 said:
Thanks for the replies.. Yeah, he isn't going to carry at school.. Just when he is out and about.. Being in a strange town and not knowing the bad sections yet.. He just wants to be prepared.. :wink:

Ben

I grew up in the W-S area and actually went to Wake for MBA school. He should be able to easily steer clear of the "bad" parts of Winston, which to my recollection is mostly on the east side and closer to downtown. The parts around Wake are ok and upscale, although he needs to be wary around the Coliseum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts