MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got her CCW and she wants to start to take her 642 with her. Any suggestions for a good OWB holster? She has looked at the Uncle Mikes #40, but thinks that it is a little big. She is a petite woman (5'3") so there is not much room to hide anything (not that I am complaining mind you).

·
Registered
373 Posts
http://www.womensholsters.com/index.html

There is some good info here on why women's holsters need to be a bit different than men's. There are several makers that do a "dropped and offset" version for a woman, including some Kydex crafters. Mike Benedict of Talon Tactical (www.talontactical) makes one, and advertises he can make the cant/drop to preference. I know he does first class work, and uses a thinner Kydex than my other rigs. This would be my first place to look for a rig like you need.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've had good experience with my Desantis Speed Scabbard...for both my 1911, and a new J-Frame.

Where she wears it (and her body type) will dictact how well it tucks the gun in.

Definitly a quality option though, that should be relativly easy to find and try on at a store.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a Desantis leather speed scabbard for my 686P that I really like. Fits like a glove but still draws easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts