MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new M&P 40 and the box had no paper work in it at all, could someone tell me what is supposed to be in the box as far as paper work?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
John R. My .40 came with a 36 page pamphlet entitled "Smith & Wesson Safety & Instruction Manual M&P Pistols," a keyed Master lock (with paper on how to use it), a small envelope labelled with inspection info and containing one spent casing, and the extra back straps of course. (I store all of this stuff except the back straps behind the top foam pad).

The M&P Pistols pamphlet states the following on page 2: "This SAFETY & INSTRUCTION MANUAL should always accompany this firearm and be transferred with it upon change of ownership or when presented to another person. A copy of the SAFETY & INSTRUCTION MANUAL is available FREE upon request from:

SMITH & WESSON

CUSTOMER SUPPORT CENTER

2100 ROOSEVELT AVENUE

SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104

TEL.: 1-800-331-0852

E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
131 Posts
You are probably missing the warranty registration card as well. This may be an obvious question, but why not just go back to the seller and ask them where the materials are? If it is a retail store, I'm sure that they will make it right. If you bought from a private party, that is another issue.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Are you sure the manual wasn't underneath the foam in the top cover??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arizona Smithshooter said:
Are you sure the manual wasn't underneath the foam in the top cover??

Nothing under the foam except the lock, no paper work, gun was bought new from a police supply store.

I'll call Smith and talk to someone there.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts