MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt Gold Cup that I would like to give my brother for Christmas. I reside in California and he lives in Nevada. Can I do a transfer of ownership with an FFL license holder in California or do I have to find one in Nevada? It would be easier to do it in California.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The transfer has to be done by two dealers one in your

state and the other in his. It may be a pain in the ass,

but that's the law.

Zeke

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZB338 said:
The transfer has to be done by two dealers one in your

state and the other in his. It may be a pain in the butt,

but that's the law.

Zeke

Thanks for the reply. California is anal about who they sell or transfer guns too. I keep thinking that they would only do an ownership transfer if the transferee is a California resident and can prove it. I have to ask the owner of our local gun range. I haven't had a chance to get out there lately.

I contacted an FFL holder in Nevada and he is willing to do it there. If we need both sides, I have one set up already.

I don't know if you knew this, but a California driver's license or ID does not verify residence. We have to provide a recent utility bill, mortgage or rent payment. A cell phone bill will not work. So, if someone can't provide any of these things (There may be more acceptable documents, but that's what the gun dealer asked for.), I guess they're SOL!

·
Registered
66 Posts
this may seem silly but ca. laws only apply within the state of ca. why no drive to nv. no law against it with the firearm hand it to your brother and say merry xmas?if you wish to cya go to a nv. gun store hand the weapon to the dealer have him conduct the applicable nv. regulations regarding transfers within the state of nv. pay the fee and say merry x mas to your brother after the appropriate checks are made. just got of the ca. doj web site it's all about firearms entering ca. not leaving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts