MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up a MP sometime this week. I was wondering if +p and/or +p+ ammo can be used in the MP.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
167 Posts
+p+ is really not safe in anything....it exceeds the ANSI or ISI or whatever requirements on chamber pressures... +p is really as much as you can safely go. I know people have shot +p+ safely, but is your hand worth risking?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I know some people that have used +p ammo without problems. If you read the M&P manual, it says not to use +p+ loads but it does not mention anything about +p ammo.

·
Registered
757 Posts
S&W approves the use of standard and +P ammunition for most their semi-autos, including the M&P. The interesing thing is that there is no SAAMI standard for +P for the .40 S&W. Makes you wonder where they get their pressure limits :?:

+P+ ammunition was developed at the request of various law enforcement agencies-at the time mainly to avoid the PR issues that would have resulted from the use of "Magnum" ammunition. There is no agreed upon pressure standard for such ammunition and ammunition manufacturers insisted upon written hold-harmless agreements from original purchasers of such ammunition. Included in the agreements were acknowledgements that the use of such ammunition would result in accelerated wear and/or damage to weapons and could result in injury to the shooter.

Any +P+ ammunition available on the open market-which it was never intended for- should be used with full understanding that the ammo companies have no liability for any damage, injuries or death of the user that may result from the use of such ammunition.

Obviously, no firearms manufacturer is going to approve the use of ammunition made in excess of industry standards, nor will they warrant a weapon used with such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts