MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than continue to hijack the "MP45's getting better" thread, I thought I would continue the discussion of my new Para Ordnance 1911 here.

The Para Gun Rights 1911 is pretty nice. I have not got to fire it yet, though. Right now, my only complaint with it is that the stupid firing pin safety (like the Colt Series 80) makes it have a relatively gritty trigger (much like my MP - and for the same reason - the trigger bar running across the bottom of that damn firing pin safety). Put some Slide Glide on it (just like with my MP) and it smoothed up quite a bit. Why do they even bother with a FPS on a 1911 anyway? :?

Also, it has got to have the stiffest factory recoil spring that I have ever seen "out of the box". And interestingly, it does NOT like Novak 1911 magazines and refuses to feed from them. Every round jams into the ramp. It works fine with my other 1911 mags.

I got the single-stack model, but could see myself trying one of their hi-capacities versions sometime in the future. My wife, who is not really a "gun person" said she thought it "looked sexy" but also that it was "too heavy"

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Looks real nice I tell you everyone here is going to get me on the raging 1911 craze yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts