MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a couple of parts (trigger bar and sear) for my .45 over on Brownells website. My question is they show that the parts are compatible with 9mm, .357 and .40. Does the .45 use the same fire control parts? Anybody know for sure?

Thanks in advance,

Evan

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the sear is the same but the sear block is not. The trigger bars are different as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I called S&W to order the sear and they told me it is a restricted part, meaning that you have to send your gun in for installation. :roll: Sheesh! Any idea where I can get a sear and trigger bar for a .45?

Thanks,

Evan

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Not sure why you would need a trigger bar but I do happen to have a spare one send me an email or PM for info. Sorry but I am stingy with my sears but I am pretty sure the M&P store has them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the offer. I sent an email off to the gang at the M&P store. I'll see what I get back from them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
smith and Wesson is going to kill the LE side of things if they keep up with this restricted parts availablity. In agencies like mine, where we own our own firearms, there is no way someone can send a gun out and not have if for a week or more. To complete they are going to have to have parts available and train a bunch of armorers to fix the pistols.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
ppd1107 said:
smith and Wesson is going to kill the LE side of things if they keep up with this restricted parts availablity. In agencies like mine, where we own our own firearms, there is no way someone can send a gun out and not have if for a week or more. To complete they are going to have to have parts available and train a bunch of armorers to fix the pistols.
The parts are restricted to armorers/ gunsmiths but, they give armorer classes to every agency who buys the M&Ps. So you and your agency should have no problems at all in getting guns fixed up without sending them away.

They just don't want any avg Joe putting parts in their gun, but even then if you ask the right people nicely and you can express to them your ability to install the parts safely you can usually get any part you want or need. This may not be their policy but I know it has worked for several guys.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
...They just don't want any avg Joe putting parts in their gun, but even then if you ask the right people nicely and you can express to them your ability to install the parts safely you can usually get any part you want or need. This may not be their policy but I know it has worked for several guys.
It works for me! :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The problem I'm running into is that my agency doesn't buy any pistols, they are individually owned. SW should offer numberous armorers classes in every state, similar to what Glock does, not just offer training to agencies that buy a bunch of pistols from them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
They just don't want any avg Joe putting parts in their gun, but even then if you ask the right people nicely and you can express to them your ability to install the parts safely you can usually get any part you want or need. This may not be their policy but I know it has worked for several guys.

Dan, I'm not a gunsmith, so I have a question on this. Why do the companies for these new polymer pistols, like the XD and the MP, seem to have these policies concerning sending back the pistols to replace certain parts on them? I own 1911's, and it seems like with a 1911, you can buy ANY part under the sun and replace it yourself, if you want to. What's the difference?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts