MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended the MP Armorers school not too long ago and the rep stated that for our issued weapons to replace the following parts at 5,000 rounds or 5 years:

1.) Replace Recoil Assembly

2.) Magazine Springs & Followers

3.) Trigger Return Spring

and for lubrication:

1.) 1 drop on each rail insert in the frame

2.) 1 drop on the muzzle of the barrel

3.) 1 drop on the top front corners of the barrel hood

4.) 1 drop on the tail of the trigger bar

This is what is stated in our Armorers manual and I thought it would be useful info to pass on to my MP family.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree 5,000 rounds is very premature, but that is what their rep told us and since my department pays for the parts I will gladly take new mag springs & parts whenever they are offered.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can see the other things but the trigger return spring? Is it just them hedging their bets and keeping things as reliable as possible?

·
Registered
171 Posts
the lube recomendation is in the manual that came with your gun....I never really expected to read the manual, but I did.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes on both, the lubrication and replacement of parts. I think S&W is just being cautious to make sure nothing goes wrong with this line of weapons.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
What page of the armorers manual speaks of the 5000 round limit? I skimmed mine and can't find it. I'm not suggesting your not speaking the truth, I just want to see where it says that and read it in context. Like I said, I didn't find it in my manual but I do remember it being mentioned in class by the rep along with his recommendation to ignore it. :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not find it in the manual other than my hand written note when the Rep stated during the class "Ok, everyone write this down this is what needs to be done" he also told us to do a complete break-down of the weapon each year to check all parts as well. My interpretation of what he meant about changing parts after 5,000 rds was due to us being a Sheriff's Department and most of the weapons would see 5 years of carry before 5,000 rds. So that is why I think he made that statement.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Thanks for the info!!!

Sgt4474 said:
I attended the MP Armorers school not too long ago and the rep stated that for our issued weapons to replace the following parts at 5,000 rounds or 5 years:

1.) Replace Recoil Assembly

2.) Magazine Springs & Followers

3.) Trigger Return Spring

and for lubrication:

1.) 1 drop on each rail insert in the frame

2.) 1 drop on the muzzle of the barrel

3.) 1 drop on the top front corners of the barrel hood

4.) 1 drop on the tail of the trigger bar

This is what is stated in our Armorers manual and I thought it would be useful info to pass on to my MP family.

Semper Fi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts