MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any idea where I can buy the parts to add a saftey to a 2.0 compact and full size? S&W won't sell them and the only place I found them was out of stock. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Check Freestone Armory on eBay. That store seems to have lots of hard to get parts. I believe you only need 3 parts, safety lever, plunger, and plunger spring. I've seen the lever, but plunger and spring may be difficult to find. You may want to consider finding someone who has a Compact with a safety that would like to get rid of it. Your frame plugs for the safety parts, would sound appealing to me if I didn't want the safety.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got all my 2.0's with safeties on them already. So many ppl despise a safety. I am putting Apex flatty triggers in all of them, and those particular triggers have very little travel in either direction, and I want the safety for that type of trigger. I've only put one on my 2.0 .40 compact so far, and I really appreciate the advantages I've gotten with a safety while having such a hair trigger in the pistol.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think they may be out of stock right now, but Numrich Arms has several pages of M&P parts for our pistols. I got a lot of spares from them when I first bought the 2.0 5" FDE.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You will also need the sear block. The one that comes with the 2.0 w/o thumb safety will not adapt to the safety parts, unless this has changed very recently. It is a completely different stock number.

Since Smith won't sell the parts it would probably make more sense to sell your gun and then buy the one you want. I doubt you would lose much, if any money once you figure in the cost of the parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found one on eBay. It was expensive at $60 but I was able to get it and install it. Not bad. Pretty simple. I can confirm my m2.0 9mm 4” sear block worked fine. Simple drop in the safety plunger and spring into the sear block, and put the sear block back into the frame. Works like oem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts