MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have I had my head in the sand?

One of the other members informed me the he doesn't deal with paypal becauase of their policy of freezing the accounts of anyone with gun related dealings. Has any one else heard about this?

I know ebay and therefore paypal do not allow the auction of weapons or ammunitions but ther are many ebay stores and power sellers dealing in weapon accessories and shooting supplies.

I have made several gun related purchaces on ebay and used my paypal account in the tranactions. No problems so far.

I enjoy the optons and convenience of paypal, but if there is any truth to this, I wiil not use them anymore.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I hear a lot of people call them evilpal or anit-gun paypal, and people are alwasy asking for "discreet" descriptions for what they're sending money for. I've heard the same rumors you have, but I buy gun stuff everyday with PayPal, and sell it too.

Speaking of "discreet" descriptions the last AR-15 I sold the guy wrote on the USPS money order that it was for an "Assault Rifle." You should've seen the look I got from the lady at the bank.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
choochboost said:
They don't do guns but accessories are permitted. There's tons of stuff on ebay.

Exactly

·
Registered
7 Posts
From Paypal's acceptable Use Policy:

Sorry for the lack of a link, the forum won't let me post links yet (not enough posts). It can be found at Paypal's website.

FIREARM PARTS AND ACCESSORIES

You may not use PayPal to purchase or sell any firearm receivers or frames, components and parts of receivers and frames, or "cut" or "80%" receivers. PayPal also does not permit assault weapon-related parts and accessories, firearm silencers, and kits designed to convert a firearm to have automatic firing capability. This includes the sale of any parts or accessories prohibited for sale by the National Firearms Act or other federal or state law, including items related to short-barreled shotguns or short-barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, large-capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators and camouflaging firearm containers.

For more information about the National Firearms Act (NFA) and its requirements, please refer to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms website.

AMMUNITION

You may not use PayPal to buy or sell high-capacity magazines (those which hold more than 10 rounds), ammunition with propellant (e.g., gunpowder), or blank ammunition unless the seller has been expressly approved by PayPal as detailed below. The term "ammunition" means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm.

I was the user who mentioned this to luvmy40. While they do allow some parts, they continue to ban high-cap magazines and other items. I don't agree with their policy which appears anti-gun to me. Their handling of payments does not put them in the transaction anymore than mailing a check makes the bank and post office firearms dealers. Therefore, their prohibiting of transactions involving certain firearms and parts must be based on politic bias, hence my hesitation to use them for any transactions. I do use them for some non-firearms transactions, but try to avoid them as much as possible. This is the same reason I do not shop at United Dairy Farmers (a convenience store chain in SW Ohio) for my gas, etc. They also have anti-gun corporate policies.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts