MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems the the grip safety is extended. however with a tight grip mine doesn't press in all the way. I imagine a could replace it with a regular grip safety if I could find the part. anyone notice or try this ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same. Just brought mine home, it only depresses about half way, pinchy on top, very difficult to get a high grip. I'd imagine it'll center punch my hand on firing, not sure why they did this. I hear the standard EZ is the same way, just not as bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've put about 300 rounds through my PC EZ and it doesn't bother me at all. Don't even know it's there. I'd like to replace it with the standard just because I think it looks better, but the performance doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Performance Center EZ has an aluminum safety which someone decided to enlarge without changing its shape so now it does not travel as far into the grip as the polymer standard safety does and thus does not follow the curve of the beavertail when depressed. This causes the sharp pointy upper corner of the grip safety to stick out and bite into the shooter's palm web making achieving a proper grip practically impossible. The customer service at SW is totally oblivious to this issue and does not see it as a defect. The only way to deal with it is to write an email directly to Tony Miele, Senior Director of New Products and Smith & Wesson Performance Center at [email protected] He will have someone reach out to you and send a return label to ship the gun back to them. They will offer to either replace the grip safety with a polymer one or to reshape the aluminum safety. This is a problem for both 9mm and 380 Performance Center EZ and if enough people complain they might change it in the production.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have any trouble with the grip safety. I don't know it's there when I'm shooting. I really like the hi viz sights. They help my 70 year old eyes a lot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just about any review on the Internet, including many on Youtube, mentions this issue with the PC EZ's. There are also quite a few posts on other forums indicating that the grip safety on the PC EZ sticks out when depressed and that the sharp upper corner causes pain in the shooter's hand. Can you, please post a photo of your handgun with the grip safety depressed where the area under the beavertail is visible?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts