6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this service worth it? It's supposed to include:
(quoting from the website)
  • Polish Ramp & Hood
  • Tuned Action
  • Install Performance Center Sear
That's for $120 plus shipping.
What would I gain from this on a stock M2 9mm 4.25" FS? Would a somewhat-new shooter (6 months) notice a difference?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I’d prefer to install an Apex striker block and machined sear myself. I’ve done that to most of my M&Ps, and wound up with a very nice trigger pull of 3 1/4-3 1/2 pounds with no grittiness. It costs less, and you don’t have to ship your pistol off.

I have a PC Shield that came with their PC sear. I still had to install an Apex striker block to get rid of the gritty take-up.

Polishing the ramp and hood will get you nothing. M&Ps pretty much feed flawlessly, and all of mine came with the barrel ramp already polished (which isn’t necessary anyway).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d prefer to install an Apex striker block and machined sear myself. I’ve done that to most of my M&Ps, and wound up with a very nice trigger pull of 3 1/4-3 1/2 pounds with no grittiness. It costs less, and you don’t have to ship your pistol off.

I have a PC Shield that came with their PC sear. I still had to install an Apex striker block to get rid of the gritty take-up.

Polishing the ramp and hood will get you nothing. M&Ps pretty much feed flawlessly, and all of mine came with the barrel ramp already polished (which isn’t necessary anyway).
Thanks for the reply. And for not lecturing me on how I don't need to monkey with my gun until I have a thousand rounds through it, which is how members of another forum responded. I'm just curious about what these services would accomplish and if I would notice the difference.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

+1

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know where you are coming from OP. My Perf Ctr 9 5” has gritty long take up and the break could be crisper, too. I’m getting ready to tackle the Apex flat kit in mine and hope it feels as smooth and tight and crisp as everyone says.....

SB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts