MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I performed a trigger job. I rounded the plunger, cut back the surface of the sear where the trigger bar bears, lowered the top surface of the sear, polished the striker, and the polished the bearing surfaces on the trigger bar. I polished the "hump" of the sear, but didn't cut it back any.

Reset is awesome - very postive and short. Weight is much less, but might could be lightened more. (I have felt one done by Burwell.) I'm of the view that could be lowered by lowering the top surface of the sear to decrease engagement. I also think cutting the hump down a bit might help with weight. There is a little hitch at the start of the trigger stroke - a little hesitation early in the trigger stroke. My thinking is that it is that I could have rounded the plunger a little more. I think the still a little too sharp edge catches a bit as the trigger bar comes back.

Does any one have any thoughts about my diagnoses of how to make further improvements? Thanks to all, and thanks to Mr. Burwell advice about doing this work.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I followed the instructions verbatum and have no issues. Make sure you o a little at a time and test fit the parts. Yes, it sounds like you need to take more off the plunger in my opinion, but match it up to the pics in the instructions. Removing the hump decreases trigger pull, not creep or reset as far as I understand.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts