MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you own a ridiculous number of pistols?

Do you own a digital camera?

If so, I'd like your help. We just added a blog entry at pistol-training.com about people who bring too many guns with them to the range. I'd like a small picture that has half a dozen or more different brands and models of pistols to use as a graphic in the blog post.

Fully photo credit and a free subscription to pistol-training.com (which is free for everyone, but it sounded nice didn't it?) is yours if you submit the winning photo!

Thanks in advance and stay safe!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Does it have to be pistols? I always take my rifles, but I only have 5 pistols... I could get my fiancee's Glock and my friend's Taurus in on the action :twisted:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
ToddG said:
For the pic, just pistols please. The more the merrier! Looking forward to it.

How is this:

The M&Ps and I have never been the same...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you want a picture of all the pistols laying out or a range bag overflowing with pistol grips and ammo?

How small is small?

·
Registered
88 Posts
When the wife gets home Ill see if I can get one.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grim -- very nice collection!

The "overflowing range bag" idea is awesome. I'm open to all creative ideas.

Don't worry about size, I can resize the image myself. However, if you want to see what it will look like, the standard we use on the site is 438x292.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
88 Posts
heres a few to choose from.. let me know what you think

total of 11 pistols & revolvers

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That looks more like a torture rack then a field bag!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, awesome stuff sailman. Send me a pm with your name if you want your real name used for the photo credit; otherwise I'll just use "sailman from mp-pistol.com" ... Outstanding, thanks!

edited to add: The pic is up, let me know what you think and if you want the captioning/attrbution changed in any way. Thanks again! pistol-training.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
glad to help out.. the pic looks good and it was fun to take.. hadnt taken all my guns out like that ever.. plus this gave the opportunity to get pics of my handguns and record all the serial numbers for better record keeping!

(though im not a SIMP.. i do shoot my 40 pretty exclusively!)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great job on pistol-training.com Todd and fantastic picture sailman.

By one definition, I'm a SIMP. Recently purchased a custom Wilson Combat 1911, so I guess you could say I have spent more on guns this year than on ammo (although at the rate I'm shooting and the price of ammo these days that could change). Picked up the M&P this year too.

My range bag normally contains just two of my three my carry guns and it weighs a whole lot more when I arrive that when I leave the firing line. I’m averaging 1000 rounds / month in .45 and 700 / month in .40 S&W. Sometimes more but rarely less.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! The Wilson does sort of skew the $$$ thing, doesn't it?

I certainly can't criticize someone who spends money on nice new pistols like that. But that's probably one reason why I've never really taken to the 1911. Taking a mid-price Wilson (let's say the SQB) you're looking at $2,250. I can get close to 20,000 rounds of ammunition for that, or pay for a week at a major shooting school including travel and lodging.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
rondo said:
Great job on pistol-training.com Todd and fantastic picture sailman.

I agree Great site and wonderful pics :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts