MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone had asked recently for photos of the Comp-Tac CTAC holster actually worn, with an M&P Compact in it. Here are some that I had my wife take of my setup just a few moments ago. Maybe this will help anyone who is on the fence about whether this holster is as concealable as we all say it is.

First of all, I modified the Kydex clips on my CTAC so that they would be about 3/4" shorter than they are from the factory. The clips come with three mounting points. I keep mine on the middle point so I trimmed off the excess material to make it print less against the material of my pants.

Second, I'm about 5'9" tall and weigh close to 250lbs (+/- 5lbs usually). I'm a bit on the heavy side but I am bulky everywhere. Built like a fire hydrant according to my dad. Thanks for the support, Dad. So this holster really disappears on me when I wear it. Your mileage might vary.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks good Tungsten! You and I have almost the exact same build. I had thought if I was ever to get the CTAC, I would do the exact same thing as you did with the clips as long as I was never going to use the lower holes.

Thanks for the pictures.

Ron

·
Registered
52 Posts
Could you post a pic with the shirt tucked in? That's my intended method of carry.

How long did it take to get your C-T.A.C. from time of order?

Thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
The CTAC is not really a shirt tucker holster. Comp-tac mac a couple of holsters that are though.

Ron

·
Registered
52 Posts
ront said:
The CTAC is not really a shirt tucker holster. Comp-tac mac a couple of holsters that are though.

Ron
Ron,

I'm surprised to hear that. Comp-Tac advertises it as a shirt tucker holster. They even have these pics on the C-T.A.C. page:

Is this not really possible/practical? If not, I may have to look into another holster. :?

Thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
It looks like I sure may be wrong then in my statement. Sorry!! I am interested then in hearing from the ones here that have the CTAC as to how it works then.

Ron

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Ront,

I have the C-TAC for my 9C and you are able to tuck your shirt in between the holster body and the clips as choochboost said..all though I wear it with a t-shirt or button down shirt untucked.I have wore it tucked as well...you do notice the clips when tucked...

·
Registered
52 Posts
PENS-66 said:
Hi Ront,

I have the C-TAC for my 9C and you are able to tuck your shirt in between the holster body and the clips as choochboost said..all though I wear it with a t-shirt or button down shirt untucked.I have wore it tucked as well...you do notice the clips when tucked...
I've ordered mine with the V-clips, and assume they virtually eliminate the clip visibility problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's a thread with multiple images of the Comp-Tac Infidel holster in use, I'm still debating between it and a OWB Blackhawk holster: http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1739

Either way, this kind of setup looks pretty nice. I'm not too worried about the holster clip showing on the outside of my belt if I pull up my shirt some since I have an assortment of other things on my belt as well (cellphone, Leatherman, Maglite, and a Maglite flashight loop). - Colt

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Comp-Tac CTAC holster

JMBMP1 said:
How comfortable is the Comp-Tac CTAC holster? I am up in the are on which IWB to go with.

I have worn it for 18hrs straight and frequently forgot I even had the gun on me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: Comp-Tac CTAC holster

I have a C-TAC for my M&P9C and I wear it every day....The only time I even notice it is there is sitting in my truck.The seat kind of wrap around pushing the gun forward a bit..sometimes pinching.But sitting in a chair,etc. is fine..Definately the best IWB holster I have tried!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts