MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked the M82 up on saturday and went straight to the range.... For those of you who havent fired a 50 bmg.. You really are misisng out on some excitement.... I am not sure going back to anything less will be enjoyable anymore....

·
Registered
512 Posts
Damn, that is quite a gun. What kind of accuracy/range were you achieving at the range?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jbparrothd21 said:
Damn, that is quite a gun. What kind of accuracy/range were you achieving at the range?

we shot it at 200 yards and only took 10 shots(5 each) on a 12 inch target I placed 3 on and 2 just off.... For the first time shooting it my heart was pounding a mile a minute... Next time out I hope to be a little calmer while shooting...

keep in mind it was boresighted at barrett and we hadnt zero'd it in... We were just excited to shoot it...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I have several times and each time is like the first, simply WOW... Accuracy should be of no issue up a 1000+ meters, once you have her dialed in... My question is where are you shooting, most ranges only allow for some many caliber and also the distance. For instance, Louisiana only has one true 1000m range, or shooting complex. Also a downside is the availability of ammunition and you thought .45 ammo was expensive...

Looks great have fun, shoot safe...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morgan Walker said:
I have several times and each time is like the first, simply WOW... Accuracy should be of no issue up a 1000+ meters, once you have her dialed in... My question is where are you shooting, most ranges only allow for some many caliber and also the distance. For instance, Louisiana only has one true 1000m range, or shooting complex. Also a downside is the availability of ammunition and you thought .45 ammo was expensive...

Looks great have fun, shoot safe...

We have some local State Ranges that are free and are either 100 200 or 300 yards... Ammo isnt cheap thats for sure... Looking into buying a reloader.... Cuts the price by almost 75%....

It is an amazing feeling to fire.... I cant see ever getting bored of firing the m82

·
Registered
910 Posts
I had an AR-50 that I recently sold due to a lack of outdoor ranges around here with any distance. 100yds is a slap in the face for the 50, but that's all we have. Once AAC releases their hearing safe Cyclops suppressor for the .50's I'll buy another.

Beautiful looking gun!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Lets see some more pics...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Morgan Walker said:
Lets see some more pics...

heres the dents the charging handle makes in the cases... which sucks.... I need to put some hose over the handle and see if that prevents the dents... I reload the brass so I can do without the dents...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hopefully this solves the dents... if it does I may replace the hosing with a few coats of the liquid grip....

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Awesome, thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
326 Posts
For some reason I don't think you have to do a lot of research into the ballistics for those rounds that best penetrate a windshield.

I saw one up on the counter over at the local shop. Very nice. They didn't have two, one for me and one for the wife, so I had to pass. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts