MP-Pistol Forum banner

Picked Up a Performance Center Shield Plus

4K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  ShipWreck 
#1 ·
The local gun store had a used PC Shield Plus with HI-VIZ fiber optic sights & just had to get it...
Ported barrel & slide too...
My 1st Shield Plus BTW & NOT Optics ready...
It was made 06/21/21 & came with the cleaning kit in a HUGE LONG BOX
Also picked up a 3rd magazine = 13-rounder for $39
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

The Fraternal Twins PC+ & 2.0
Trigger Air gun Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Two Shields are better than one...
Light Black Blue Purple Material property

See less See more
#4 ·
Having the porting + fiber optic sights, flat trigger & 10/13 round magazines is why I picked the PC+ up
If I want it to be NON-PORTED, I could just use the 2.0s barrel in it, making sure to never put the ported barrel in the 2.0
Read somewhere that a guy did that & fired it & it wasted the frame of the pistol, as the gasses escaped downward & to the inside & it broke/cracked the polymer
IIRC He said his friend put them back together wrong, Yeah Right...
Really as long as the same slide/barrels were together you would be OK either way

Need to look on GB for the guys who sells cut up pistols & sells the parts
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/942733738 <---Here is a Shield 1.0s slide & barrel + parts that is not ported @ $170...
There is a 2nd GunBusters on there too, = These Guys ---> Ruger SP101, 357 Magnum Repair Parts - Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com : 939927195
I would watch their auctions BUT having it done by Magna-Port might be the answer too... The cost is the problem & wait...

Saw a Pluses Trigger & bar & it stated it would also fit the 1.0/M2.0 9/40 non plus frame
Would like to have that flat trigger for my 2.0 too, BUT they want $85 = almost the same as an APEX but factory polymer
It was on eBay & they have two available ---> S&W M&P SHIELD PLUS Trigger Assembly Return Spring Shoe 9mm 30sc super 1.0 2.0 | eBay says they have sold 56 of these w/ 109 watchers

Thanks for asking @Super Trucker
Just how much are we talking for the trade of those slides/barrels IF you don't mind me asking?
PM Me if you would like
I have a new recoil spring assembly coming from SAW as the one in the PC+ is starting to come unwound/apart OR?
They have a FREE replacement coming next week as I called mid-day Friday
It has low miles & guess the original owner was a tinkerer? Who Knows for sure with some guys
They all think they are gun smiths with the punch & hammer + pliers & cutters, I think they may have cut the spring to make the slide easier to manipulate actually
That's what it looks like to me... Old Joe really knows his **** with guns... HaHaHaHa!!
I should trade spring assemblies just to see if that is the case or it was put in wrong a few times by Joe Tinkerer Jr. Gunsmith

There was a locking block pin out about a 1/16", also the solid larger pin in the trigger, rear sight was offset to the right about a 1/4" & a couple scratches near the locking block pin in the paint/polymer + 13 round magazine floorplate is cut at the front & super glued back together = didn't read up on how to disassemble

#7 ·
I was told on the Smith-Wesson forum that any generation of Shields slide could be used = 1.0 2.0 & PLUS..
BUT who gave the info? Do they have all three & tried this? I doubt it...
I am not interested in selling my slide & barrel, So there you go with that Idea...
There are many out there though
Is the gun you want Magna-Ported a Shield Plus? OR a 1.0 OR 2.0?
Enjoy your Saturday Evening
Gary

#11 ·
@Super Trucker What would it cost to have your Shield Plus Magna Ported?
Just wondered...
Glad to be back here too... = Great Forum
Have had other projects & guns going through my mind

I have been busy fixing guitars
Have an Ovation CC057 on the work bench & a Parker Fly
Need to go down & work on that acoustic inside the sound hole with a light & mirror + created a battery box for the preamp. shave the bridge, lower the action, set relief & string & tune it up
Sunday Afternoon, Just taking it easy...

#15 ·
I'm sure that you know but I noticed that the early stainless 1.0 & 2.0 magazines are color coded on the followers
Grey = 9mm
Black = 40 S&W
Orange = 45acp

So Far, I haven't seen anything but 9mm in the PLUSes...

I sold my last 40 S&W pistols in the last few weeks & have a 200-400 rounds of ammo
That is why I said something about the 1.0 40 S&W Shield for $349 locally
I do not want or need it BUT? HaHaHa!
Trying to thin the heard not expand it..
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Luggage and bags Bag Guitar

#16 ·
Wasn't aware of the color codes for followers, that's good info to know, thanks.

The Pluses are selling so well they don't need the cost of retooling to make a different caliber at this time.

Our first shield was a manual safety .40, I sold it as soon as they started making the non safety 9mm. In those days forty was still selling and it is their caliber. These days the nines are selling.

#17 ·
I have only seen a few 3.1" Performance Center Ported Shield Pluses & all were Manual Safety
The PC+s without safety were 4"ers IIRC
I like you, would choose without safety for a striker fired handgun with the trigger safety
Have had Glocks since the late 80s/early 90s & that has worked out fine for them
My Brother's 2.0 Shield was bought because the price was right in September 2019 = Pre Covid-19

Lately the color of the followers has been Orange on the Shield Plus 9mm & .380EZ but Black on the SD9
Gen 5 Glocks are Orange but the Gen 4 G19Xs are Black = Who Knows
Knowing the color helped me when at a Pawn Shop & I saw a bag of magazines hanging far back behind the counter
No Price or description & I could see they had the Grey/Gray followers & knew they were 9mm Shield
They came from a Gen 1.0 Shield because the sleeves are the old texture, only one of my extended magazines for the 1.0/2.0 have the rough texture
The 9mm is stamped on the followers but the color was just something I noticed as the lady next doors ex-boyfriend has 40 1.0 Shield & his followers are Black
Someone else I knew bought a Shield 45 with their $2000 pandemic payment & her followers were Orange

I have noticed that only you = @Super Trucker ever replies to my posts
Doesn't seem to be much traffic on the forum as of late
Please share your Magna-Ported Shield Plus when you get it done
I would still keep looking at the two Gun Busters on Gun Broker as a Shield Plus PC will show up there but might cost more than one is worth, as others will also want the Slide & Barrel
Gary

#18 ·
When I showed the guy at the LGS the USED Performance Center Shield Plus He had for sale He was like, oh that one is ported? I said Yeah!
Asked what does it come with? + box, manual, lock extra magazine etc. & I could tell they may have priced it wrong because of the porting...
I was hoping the porting will decrease the felt recoil some = maybe 25% or make it less snappy to the hand
If this thing works out, I may start to thin the heard on the carry pistols too
At one time I used to have 4-5 J Frame snubbies & only carried 1-2 of the bunch
Just acquired the two pistols with red dot & have been having trouble seeing = need new glasses badly + ones for close up & working & ones for driving & a pair for shooting too
They are both in the basement waiting for range verification along with the PC+ Shield

Does anyone else here have a Performance Center Shield Plus?
I wonder about the Apex looking striker safety plunger = Is this factory?
With the way the rear sight was off center I would guess that someone removed the rear sight & installed the safety plunger + spring
I haven't compared the strikers & their springs yet, but that's coming soon

I will note that SIG & Springfield Armory are pushing their ported pistols lately, but they all are longer pistols were as the Shield PC Plus is the same 3.1"
Everyday carry Gun accessory Auto part Cameras & optics Rectangle

The two most carried pistols & the two new red dot sighted pistols = Glock 43X, M&P Shield 2.0 + SIG Sauer P365XL & Springfield Armory Hellcat OSP
The M&P & SIG Have safeties & the Glock & Hellcat don't, Just something to note, even though they have never been applied YET..
Found a couple kydex holsters for my pistols with Red Dot Sights, Tulster, We The People, & CMCH = Center Mass Concealment Holsters + Custom made Shield holster with WTP clip.

Stay Safe Out There
Carrying a pistol will become like putting on your shoes
Never go without as you could stub your toe 🦶
I might even start carrying a spare magazine even though I never do & have carriers X 3...

#19 ·
Newly Acquired Holsters, from Blackhawk & Tulster
My Favorite Glock 43X Holster is a Tulster Profile so I had to get one for the Shields
Crossbreed is also hard to beat, Photo of Blackhawk coming later on
Also got the new recoil spring assembly from SAW & will note the PLUS has a green spring & the 2.0 a red
Font Material property Rectangle Personal protective equipment Electric blue

Gun accessory Fashion accessory Metal Nickel Auto part
Musical instrument Purple Musical instrument accessory Office supplies Tool

#20 ·
The local gun store had a used PC Shield Plus with HI-VIZ fiber optic sights & just had to get it...
Ported barrel & slide too...
My 1st Shield Plus BTW & NOT Optics ready...
It was made 06/21/21 & came with the cleaning kit in a HUGE LONG BOX
Also picked up a 3rd magazine = 13-rounder for $39
View attachment 19234
The Fraternal Twins PC+ & 2.0
View attachment 19235 View attachment 19236
Two Shields are better than one...
View attachment 19237
I have exactly the same PC upgrades on a single stack PC Shield 9. 👍
It also came with a PC sear.

My Shield plus isn’t optics ready (my preference), and came with no TS, night sights, two 13 round mags, and one flush-fit 10 rounder.

Reactions: Shield Fan
#22 ·
Just ordered a 4" Performance Center Shield Plus. I don't yet know if it will replace my current EDC (Performance Center Shield 2.0 7/8 rounds), but it's likely to be a contender!

Just have to say, the Shield (IMHO) is certainly at the top of EDC choices! It is without question, the most consistently accurate 9mm pistol I own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.