MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered it last week without having seen one in person. I'm quite happy with it....the color is very versatile and appears to change in different lighting. It's almost green in certain shadowy areas. Figured I'd post a photo as I haven't seen any pics that show off the color well. It looks way too tan on the S&W website. I also swapped out the mag release and floorplates to black units as are shown on the website. I think they look better personally, and cost me all of $5.

Have to wait till next weekend to break her in. Plenty of dry firing in the meantime to smooth out the trigger a bit.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm jealous!! I wanted an FDE but had to settle on black due to local availability... Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's a great looking gun

If you don't mind would you post a pic of the lanyard loop in the takedown tool, I want one bad

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments folks!

hutchb4: Here's a closeup of the loop.

BTW....that tool is a royal lady to take out. I thought someone had inadvertently loc-tite'd it in place. Had to whack it against the edge of my workbench until it finally flew up into the air.
I much prefer the roll pin my P99 uses to hold the backstraps in place. I won't be using for routine disassembly....that's for sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I picked up one on Friday 11/16/07. All I had to to was order it and it came two days later.

I was told about 3 weeks ago that they were not available yet. But , i had my dealer check again last week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great looking pistol. My takedown tool was a pain to remove also. I mean it was real stuck. Now only remove it when I want the grips off. Good luck and please do post a range repot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damon said:
Man those pistols look nice. Would you use it for a CCW?

Personally, no. It's just a bit too large for my taste.....and I'm a pretty big guy. It IS a full size gun remember.......as a comparison, it's nearly identical in size to my M9 Beretta.

Glad everyone enjoys the pics. I put about 200 rounds of American Eagle 230gr through her this afternoon without a single issue at all. The pistol ran like a champ and was a joy to shoot. Very soft recoil, pleasantly accurate, feels great in the hand. I'm quite pleased with it overall. The trigger seems to have smoothed up a bit, but it's still a bit heavy for my liking. Nothing a trip to Burwell can't fix though.

Only issue I have at all is that the front sight post gets VERY dirty. After about 200 rounds, it was black enough that the white dot was hard to make out.

A minor quibble for sure, but I thought it worth mentioning.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have to agree about the front sight becoming rather dark when shooting. I put a mere 100-rounds down range yesterday and towards the end - I couldn't see the white dot of my front sight.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
That sure is sweet...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Man, I really like the lanyard loop.....Hmmmm is this something Dan the man can cut/install??

The DE really looks nice, nice pics and awesome MP45!!!

762x51 said:
Thanks for the compliments folks!

hutchb4: Here's a closeup of the loop.

BTW....that tool is a royal lady to take out. I thought someone had inadvertently loc-tite'd it in place. Had to whack it against the edge of my workbench until it finally flew up into the air.
I much prefer the roll pin my P99 uses to hold the backstraps in place. I won't be using for routine disassembly....that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts