MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious if anyone has a photo of the above combined sights. I'm wondering how tight the sight picture is. Thanks in advance.



Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
I was running this set up on a 1911. If you are going to use the XS Big Dot, you would probably have to have the rear sight cut out to about .156. That was the size of the opening on the rear of my 10-8 sight and I was using a standard size XS front with. I got plenty of light with this setup, but still had all the problems I normally do with the XS sight so the sightws are coming off and getting replaced with something I can actually use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NCPatrolAR said:
I was running this set up on a 1911. If you are going to use the XS Big Dot, you would probably have to have the rear sight cut out to about .156. That was the size of the opening on the rear of my 10-8 sight and I was using a standard size XS front with. I got plenty of light with this setup, but still had all the problems I normally do with the XS sight so the sightws are coming off and getting replaced with something I can actually use.


Nice to see your response, so would you just recommend the factory night sight for the front or what are you considering? I already have the 10-8 for the rear and don't want to open up the sight. Thanks for the reply!



Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
I would go with just a factory night sight front. The white ring of the Novak sight will help pull your eye to it muchin the same way the XS sight does. Also, using that sight will prevent you from having to open the sight up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
NCPatrolAR said:
I would go with just a factory night sight front. The white ring of the Novak sight will help pull your eye to it muchin the same way the XS sight does. Also, using that sight will prevent you from having to open the sight up.


This is my exact set up on my compact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ricky T said:
[quote name='NCPatrolAR']I would go with just a factory night sight front. The white ring of the Novak sight will help pull your eye to it muchin the same way the XS sight does. Also, using that sight will prevent you from having to open the sight up.


This is my exact set up on my compact.[/quote]



Good to know, I'll order the front from the MP-Store (although I must admit, I like the markings on top of the front sight from XS better) and will make arrangements to have Dan Burwell install it soon. Thanks for the help folks!



Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
IIRC the XS front is too big for the 10-8 sight cut



This is a link to the original 10-8 sight thread where I posted my pictures of the 10-8 with the standard front white dot. My eye sight isnt that great but I still have absolutely no trouble picking up the sights at all.



At night, I end up with a silhouette like a black target sight with either my X200B or a flashlight in my support hand.



http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=19112#19112



This is one of the pictures I posted in that thread:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FastSS said:
IIRC the XS front is too big for the 10-8 sight cut



This is a link to the original 10-8 sight thread


Thanks for the link, I'm sorry for the redundant post. I got a lot of info off of that thread. It also linked me to his thread on the subject. I am a fan of his sight and am looking forward to having it installed. Take care.



Rob
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top