MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(The pin that engages the notch in the take down lever). Mine after a 200 round range session, is walking a bit. Not a lot but it extends out to a point where I am concerned it could snag on my holster or clothing. Any tips for keeping it in place?

I have a M&Pc 40. I don't have the problem with my 9c.

Thanks!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 weeks to the day, I got my gun back. According to the work sheet, it says S&W replaced the barrel stud (I have no idea what that is), replaced springs as needed, replaced pin, inspected and passed.

I will give it my own test this weekend. :wink:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Kraigster414 said:
According to the work sheet, it says S&W replaced the barrel stud (I have no idea what that is)

I think they were giving you a completent and left out the comma:

We replaced the barrel, STUD!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan Burwell said:
[quote name='Kraigster414'] According to the work sheet, it says S&W replaced the barrel stud (I have no idea what that is)

I think they were giving you a completent and left out the comma:

We replaced the barrel, STUD!

[/quote]

Dan, help! I tried installing your rear sight and as luck would have it the cap and spring went into orbit and I got a match on Sunday. Check your email please.

Back to the repair....S&W failed to include one minor thing they did as well....the replaced my entire frame! I guess they just slap the old s/n on a new frame.

·
Registered
123 Posts
New frame question

Back to the repair....S&W failed to include one minor thing they did as well....the replaced my enitire frame! How do I know this, well, for starters my Burwell grip is gone and there is not a wear mark to be seen. I guess they just slap the old s/n on a new frame.

Kraigster414, can you tell if the magazine well is any smaller in the new frame? Does the magazine fit any snugger? I hope your gun is flawless now.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: New frame question

Highlander said:
Back to the repair....S&W failed to include one minor thing they did as well....the replaced my entire frame! I guess they just slap the old s/n on a new frame.

Kraigster414, can you tell if the magazine well is any smaller in the new frame? Does the magazine fit any snugger? I hope your gun is flawless now.

I really can't notice a difference as far as that one is concerned.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Highlander said:
Back to the repair....S&W failed to include one minor thing they did as well....the replaced my enitire frame! I guess they just slap the old s/n on a new frame.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Highlander said:
Back to the repair....S&W failed to include one minor thing they did as well....the replaced my enitire frame! I guess they just slap the old s/n on a new frame.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Highlander said:

I found my Burwell sharkskin grip though. It was packed with the gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts