MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the rest of you my M&P 9c and 40c came with two mags, one with a pinky extension and one without. Do you know if you can buy just the pinky extensions for those mags that didn't come with one?

Thanks much,

Jim

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I called S&W and ordered one over a week ago (along with some nights sights) and still no package in the mail. huh. What I find I have to really watch out for is pinching the crap out of my hand during panic reload practice. The grip on the compact is so short that a nice chunk of flesh on my palm or little finger gets jammed into the mag well by the base plate. Talk about a painful learning curve! The extended base plate doesn't help with this, but I do get better control with it during firing. So during reload I have to do that very fashionable "pinky curl" thing.

-----Wyley

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am glad I caught this thread because it refreshed my memory. I ordered two of these darn things from S&W weeks ago if memory serves and still have not received.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I called S&W today to check. the 9mm finger extensions are not available yet, only the .40 they said. No part number yet for the 9, check back in a few weeks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9c pinky extension

I called this morning and the fellow said he would ship me out a couple today. Guess I'll have to call back tomorrow and ask about the 40c's (cross your fingers).

Jim

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
You have some bad info, read my post above, and click on the link...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Now, to add another twist.........

my free 40C baseplate came today, the baggy has a pn. of "39294", the plate is dfinately Not a 40C only a tad smaller, it looks to be for something very different.......

the paperwork says: "392940000 MAG BUTT PLATE 9MM 10RD W/FR R"

now, off to S&W to see if I can find out what it's really for

I don't think it's MASS confustion, but then I'm not from a world where perfect reins :roll:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Heh...

I came home today and not only found two of the three free S&W range bags on my porch (woohoo!) but also an envelope from S&W with a pair of finger extensions that they graciously sent me for free last week.

Lo and behold, however, that the extensions don't work on either the spare "flat bottom" mag that came with the 9c or the 40c. I don't know what these fit, but they don't fit the M&P mags that I have in my hands. :?:

I placed a call to S&W this evening but their customer service people were busy on other calls and I had to leave a callback request with them. Maybe we can get it figured out.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Ok, i just went out and checked.. 9c finger extensions are the same as the 40c ones, and they are interchangeable....

I pulled out some 9c's that I have in stock, and took the ones I had for my 40c and they switched just fine.

john

·
Registered
255 Posts
mikenkansas said:
Broadside,

do you have the packing list that came with the butt plates? If so, is the pn. the same as mine?

Yes, here's what is on my packing list...

SKU# 392940000

It also mentions them being for the 10rd 9mm mags but our 9c came with the 12rd mags. I suspect this might be the problem and why the baseplate is different. I probably need the base plates for the 10rd 40SW and 12rd 9mm mags.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Jester said:
Ok, i just went out and checked.. 9c finger extensions are the same as the 40c ones, and they are interchangeable....

I pulled out some 9c's that I have in stock, and took the ones I had for my 40c and they switched just fine.

john

Jester, I just dont see how the extension that I was sent was interchangeable. There was no way that it was going my 40c mags. You may be able to do that with your current stock of mags and extensions, but I am saying what S&W sent me, was no way, shape of form going to work my mags.

I sent mine onto Mad Max, so hopefully it will fit his 9c.

·
Registered
501 Posts
If it's one of these: SKU# 392940000, I'm guessing it won't. Broadside might be right about it being for a 10 rd, 9mm mag. It's an odd-ball looking thing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pinky extensions

Ok Guys, After reading your various experiences with the extensions (9 rds/12 rd mags, 9c.40c, etc)S&W has sent you all I'm so damn confused (which isn't unusal
I don't know which way is up!!!!!!

I called S&W this morning as I said I was going to do in my post yesterday after ordering a couple extensions for my 9c. I talked to a girl today and she is going to send me a couple for my 40c. Now .....she said there was a difference between the 9c and 40c mags and extensions and quoted me some sku numbers. Again!!!!!!!!!??????? hell I don't know. lol
I'll watch what you guys come up with and see what they send me then go from there. Hopefully everything will fit and I can then get an extension for my 45 whenever they become avaioable. I know I don't need one for my 45, but I would like the mags to match.

I'll keep you posted.

Jim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man, don't you just hate being on point! Ten years from now we'll all look back on this and say..." yeah, remember all the hassles when the M&Ps first came out? Boy, it sure is nice to now be able to just order everything for my M&P on line from the M&P Store, or Brownells, or Midway, or....". But untill then....waaaa!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Extensions

Right On--------WAAA.....Waaaaa lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
politegunner said:
Man, don't you just hate being on point! Ten years from now we'll all look back on this and say..." yeah, remember all the hassles when the M&Ps first came out? Boy, it sure is nice to now be able to just order everything for my M&P on line from the M&P Store, or Brownells, or Midway, or....". But untill then....waaaa!

10 YEARS FROM NOW??!!!
10 years from now I'll be lucky if I'm still on solid food. It better happen faster than that.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts