MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use several different drills but this is one of my most common. Equipment used: Pistol, holster, 1 empty magazine, 1 full magazine, target at desired range (I use 7-10 yards). Prep: Use loaded magazine to load pistol then remove and replace loaded magazine with empty magazine. Return pistol to holster and stow spare loaded magazine in typical carry location.

Drill:

- In normal carry clothes and configuration, draw pistol gain good sight picture and fire. Gun should slide lock on the empty magazine.

-Conduct immediate action by ejecting empty mag and replacing with loaded magazine.

-Get back on target, fire 1-2 more rounds and asses.

-remove full magazine, replace with empty magazine and re-holster.

-Repeat drill

I don't go hast and I focus on getting it right. I work through problems but try not to create them. To me this is more than an ammo management drill as it covers nearly every aspect of shooting from the draw.

·
Registered
58 Posts
fearless1 makes a good point but all the DVDs mags, and any other media doesn't replace formal training.

You really want to advance your shooting litteraly by leaps and bounds, take a basic formal class. It will be single best investment you can make for your shooting.

R.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts