MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a dummy mag for the M&P? Bright colored plastic would be preferable. But CHEAP would be better.

I think it would be good to have a cheap bright mag that I could hand to the timer before a stage. It would also be good for safe gun handling while dry firing.

I used one of my buddy's 9mm mags for my last competition figuring I couldn't accidentally load it, as I shoot a 40.

Any recommendations other than removing the mag safety would be welcome.

Don't tell me to remove the mag safety unless you want to start a long argument on the liability of CC. I'm up for it, but that's not my question.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i have looked for options like this, but it seams being a new gun developers either don't have a product yet, or are waiting to see how the gun does in the market before they produce and spend r&d.

as far as the mag safety, i love it, if someone is close enough to the point i need to drop a mag, then its time for elbows and jabs. I cant envision a time where i would only need one round and no mag to defend myself.

What you could do is paint a mp mag and keep it loaded with snap caps?

·
Registered
30 Posts
bobbthompson said:
I used one of my buddy's 9mm mags for my last competition figuring I couldn't accidentally load it, as I shoot a 40.

Don't count on that. I bet you can load 40's in a 9mm mag and it will feed in you gun.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have not seen anyone make blue mags for the MP. If you really want one, you can try to make a wooden one, or if you happen to have money buring a hole in you pocket, but a spare and encapsulate it with some low viscosity 2 part epoxy, then paint it red or whatever color you want.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the ones made for other guns mostly plastic? If they are, couldn't you get one that was bigger (Glock) and file or sand one down to fit your gun. I don't think it would take much. However I have been wrong before and I'm positive I'll be wrong again soon!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
no dummy mags yet that i have seen.

the only way to get one you CAN'T load as far as i can imagine is to take a real mag, and epoxy the follower in the full upward position so you can't shove a round in.

Or less permanent way might be to just cut a lognth of dowel and use it to block travel of the follower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts