MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't profiling suposed to be wrong?

I work at a bus company that runs the school bus transportation for almost 6 school districts. Before we are able to work there we are background checked, fingerprinted, and drug tested. I totally respect that especially because we work with kids. BUT when I was doing a sports trip this evening I believe I was profiled by a coach. It was JV girls soccer. They went off to play their game and then some of them came back between games. I was sitting in the drivers seat waiting for them to do whatever they were doing then I was going to go back and lay across some seats and grab a nap. So I'm sitting there, and the coach pops up at the door and was like are my girls on here? I said yes and she was like "ok Good just making sure." We waited for probably 5 min and they were trickling off the bus. 2 students were left, and the coach makes the comment "come on girls I dont want to leave you alone here with this guy." She turns to me and says, "Well you know how men are now a days!" All I could think was WTH!

I just couldn't believe it cause when she got on the bus she made a simmilar comment about the vice-principal who was talking to her girls when she came out of the bathroom.

I was in Shock. I felt like I was dirt. I'm trusted with 60 kids 2 times a day but I'm probably a kiddie molester. I was really mad and still am. It's not like I looked like some bum off the street. I had a nice shirt and kakhis on. I guess I could understand that, but she just plainly hated men. WHAT A JERK

Well Thanks guys for listening.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
mikenkansas said:
Sexual harassment, file it.

big time the biggest hurdle might be trying to have the girls testify that they heard it but you got a complaint there buddy

·
Registered
660 Posts
I can't imagine how you feel...that's not something to even joke about especially in front of children. If your roles had been reversed I'd bet she would file.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Definately file a complaint. If you said anything in a remotely similar vein about her do you think she'd let it go? You may not get results, but she'll definately get a message. Even if it's just one that reinforces her misandristic mindset.

(Yes, I had to look that word up, too)

·
Registered
348 Posts
IMO, file it. Be prepared to lose it, but file it so it can NOT be used against you in the future.

You have to document the allegation, so if the coach tries some sh!t in the future, you have some backing.

sorry, this is the world we live in now adays.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fallschirmjäger said:
Definately file a complaint. If you said anything in a remotely similar vein about her do you think she'd let it go? You may not get results, but she'll definately get a message. Even if it's just one that reinforces her misandristic mindset.

(Yes, I had to look that word up, too)

Nice word. yeah. . . . If I had been her I would be knee deep right now in lawsuits. . . ..

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
You have no sexual harassment claim (at least you wouldn't here in CA) but you could man up and deal with it next time. You only felt like dirt because you let her. But, I guess when you're in the moment you have to pick your jaw up off the floor and overcome your disbelief before you can deal with it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Well, I have a bit of a mouth, so I probably would have come back with something along the lines of "but they don't seem to worry about the lesbian coaches."

In the weasely world of the modern workplace. File a complaint. Screw the sexual harassment angle, go for the "creating a hostile workplace" angle. It's probably even a legitimate complaint in this day and age. To have someone even suggest such a thing obliqueley in the workplace is not a good thing.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I would suggest protecting yourself in the future, audio, video whatever is legal for you state. But This could turn bad if the kids start telling their parents things, and its misinterpreted. Last thing you want is to be accused of something stupid you never did.

Sigh, the joys of work I guess

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See with the whole sexual harrasement thing, I dont think it would work because she's would be considered a client. I don't want to go after my employer. It's not like they could do anything about this woman anyhow. Other than talk to her principal and he could get all over her :roll: (Amazing what we write at 5:30 in the morning) I'm just happy I don't drive for her school on a regular basis.

It's so hard in this day in age because men are always portrayed as the abuser. We just can't win. People never think about the women that have sex with their students all the time. It's ok because they had an abusive father
Or they were looking for a better relationship because their husband wasn't there for her enough
Our society treats men like crap. While entertaining in some instances, it's sad when I watch TV and see how the modern American male acts and is treated.

I went to a religious school for college, and it was the same thing there. Men are perverts, women can't do anything wrong. . . . It must be the men in their lives.

Anyhow . . . . It P me O!

·
Registered
35 Posts
tough situation. i would still report it though... thats not right to say that about someone. nowadays if you are white, and male you have no say. it is reverse discrimination...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ok you may not have a sexual harrassment case but you do have one based upon equal opportunity ethics especially since she's made the same comments about the vice principal...you were degraded infront of children based upon your sex. On top of that if anyone ever makes any further comments to you stemming from this incident you may be able to make a case for libel. My two cents but I would definately make some sort of report before she takes this one step further and actually charges some innocent guy of something really bad.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lodge a complaint , not a lawsuit. She needs to learn the golden rule. How would she like it if you said, "You better let me do this. You know how emotional women can be". Or "Did you strip before you took this job?" :roll:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hostile Work Environment...... http://www.fcc.gov/owd/understanding-harassment.html

"Other actions which may result in hostile environment harassment, but are non-sexual in nature, include:

Use of racially derogatory words, phrases, epithets

Demonstrations of a racial or ethnic nature such as a use of gestures, pictures or drawings which would offend a particular racial or ethnic group

Comments about an individual’s skin color or other racial/ethnic characteristics

Making disparaging remarks about an individual’s gender that are not sexual in nature"

My suggestion stands, file the complaint.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I plan on talking to my employer about this. I'm pretty close to the people in the office so they'll understand and listen and make things happen.

I mean it's not like the bus was parked behind the school away from everyone and it was just me and one girl student. Honestly that would make ME feel awkward, the reason being, I would be thinking what everyone else would be thinking about me.

Anyhow yeah gotta go into work early this afternoon anyhow. So I'll talk to them then.

·
Registered
501 Posts
amathis said:
I plan on talking to my employer about this. I'm pretty close to the people in the office so they'll understand and listen and make things happen.

I mean it's not like the bus was parked behind the school away from everyone and it was just me and one girl student. Honestly that would make ME feel awkward, the reason being, I would be thinking what everyone else would be thinking about me.

Anyhow yeah gotta go into work early this afternoon anyhow. So I'll talk to them then.

Don't rationalize the coach's comments and give school district an easy out. Present the facts: she said this, the people that heard her looked like this (if you don't know their names).

The purpose in filing the complaint should be to change the environment from hostile to not so.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll go a bit of a different direction here.

Let's say she left girls on the bus - and something did happen. She would've been crucified for being so stupid and not seeing the potential risk. So, perhaps she did the "safe" thing. She definitely handled it wrong and insulted you in the process. THAT is wrong.

I'd invite her to a meeting with the "right" witnesses and talk it out and let her know how she made you feel and the impact on your reputation with the kids. This wouldn't be a "feel good" session, these are real concerns and you two need to have meeting-of-the-minds.

·
Registered
501 Posts
newskate9mp said:
I'll go a bit of a different direction here.

Let's say she left girls on the bus - and something did happen. She would've been crucified for being so stupid and not seeing the potential risk. So, perhaps she did the "safe" thing. She definitely handled it wrong and insulted you in the process. THAT is wrong.

I'd invite her to a meeting with the "right" witnesses and talk it out and let her know how she made you feel and the impact on your reputation with the kids. This wouldn't be a "feel good" session, these are real concerns and you two need to have meeting-of-the-minds.

"She turns to me and says, "Well you know how men are now a days!" "

I suspect imus knew how "nappy headed ho" would make a young, female, black athlete feel.

Her removing the young ladies from his presence isn't the problem and was good for all concerned. Her demeaning comment needs to be addressed officially, she won't get fired, we all understand that. There won't be any money involved, that's a given. But at least one idiot will be put on notice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts