MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Dude, that is the most Pimptastic M&P I have ever seen

I hope you don't mind but I am going to move this thread another forum as I don't want people to think I did this work. Not because I don't like it but I know how long this must have taken you and I really don't want to have to try and duplicate it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
If your gun jammed, or you ran out of bullets, you could always just blind your attacker...
Could also double as a signal mirror in emergency situations.

All jokes aside, that thing is shiny as hell! Lookin' good, though, lookin' good!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
avalanchecustoms said:
Thats fine Dan I just posted on this one on accident. Also Thanks for the Awesome stuff you did to the gun. The trigger job is absoutly awesome.

Did you do this yourself? What did you use? Look sawesome!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I can tell you it took quite a while sanding and polishing and sanding and polishing. I used a bench mounted polishing machine. I use three to four different rubbing compounds. I start with a heavy duty and then finish with a fine compound. I have had many years experiance polishing in bodywork on cars so it kinda come natural now to me. Not to say that you need a lot of experiance to do it as you don't really you could use a dremel tool and some polishing compounds but might not see the finish I have not sure though as I don't use a dremel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pappy1600 said:
Nice work, how long has the gun been in this config? just curious if any problems with rusting or pitting?

the slide is stainless so he will not have to worry about rust.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IT was just done recently. I put the slide back on the gun to take photos. I am currently testing the effectiveness of the stainless steel to see if it will rust. I have not put anyoil on the slide as of yet and have had my greesy hands all over it along with a night in the trunk of the car. So it will have a little moisture on it just trying to see if it will get surface rust and what it will take to get it. Stainless is pretty resilient to rust but can and will rust eventually unless taken care of.

·
Registered
232 Posts
avalanchecustoms said:
IT was just done recently. I put the slide back on the gun to take photos. I am currently testing the effectiveness of the stainless steel to see if it will rust. I have not put anyoil on the slide as of yet and have had my greesy hands all over it along with a night in the trunk of the car. So it will have a little moisture on it just trying to see if it will get surface rust and what it will take to get it. Stainless is pretty resilient to rust but can and will rust eventually unless taken care of.

Exactly, thats why I asked, I have also seen stainless guns get small rust pits. Keep us informed on your testing. And once again nice work!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have had no problems with the finish. I let it stay in the car for a 3 weeks it was raining for at least 5 of those days. It was really cold and then hot. Lots of moisture. The finish looks awesome. I love the polished look man it is ultra easy to clean off. Everyone at the range says it looks really nice and then they all said what is it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Isn't the M&P slide melonite treated ?

Melonite is supposed to be almost as hard and rust resistant as Tennifer. If it is melonite treated you would have to remove metal in order remove the melonite.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts