MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys seen the movie Speed? You remember the part in the beginning when the 2 cops are going through scenarios about a hostage situation and Keanu says he would shoot the hostage (in the leg) to take them out of the scenario to give an open shot to the BG. Well, I'm curious if any of you would do that? And would you let/care if someone did that to you?

Personally, I really don't know if I could shoot the hostage first. My luck I would miss and something way worse would happen. But as far as being the hostage, I think I could take a shot in the leg to stay alive.

I dont know. Just curious what others think.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No I wouldn't shoot a hostage in the leg. Nor would I ever do anything Keanu would do.

No I wouldn't hold it against them if someone shot me in the leg were I unfortunate to be the hostage.

In real life no one would need to shoot me in the leg cause I'd either take him out myself or get shot trying. :twisted:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Choochboost is right on target here. The femoral artery takes up a lot of room in the thigh and the flow thru it is about 60 ml/sec. Cut that with a bullet or a bone fragment and your hostage bleeds out in less than 90 seconds. Not a chance I want to take.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Keanu is definitely not somebody whose advice I would take, on anything, ever. I don't care how cool of a character he is playing in a movie.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tigs40cal said:
if your good enough to shoot me in the leg you should be able to shoot him in the head
That is true.

johndoe1027 said:
In real life no one would need to shoot me in the leg cause I'd either take him out myself or get shot trying. :twisted:
I agree with that as well. Its not very likely the Bg will have a bomb strapped to his chest in the real world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts