MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got to the range last night to try my new M&P 45. I put two hundred rounds down the pipe without any issues. I shot 100 rounds of UMC 230gr FMJ to start out with. Then I put 20 rounds of Fed 230gr Hydrashock followed by 20 rounds of Speer 230gr Gold Dot and 20 rounds of Remington Golden saber followed by more UMC. That UMC ammo is some very dirty stuff!. I didn't do any real accuracy testing as I was really just trying to get acquainted with my new pistol but I didn't see any issues accuracy issues either. Point of impact was dead on at 15 yards and it was grouping pretty well. The trigger did improve somewhat by the end of the night but it's still going off to Burwell as soon as he returns my emails...

I started out with the medium backstrap then switched to the large. I don't have real big hands but I was able to stay on target much better with the large back strap in place. Overall the pistol was much more controllable with the large backstrap. I wish the palm swell was not as pronounced though. I may have to perform a minor reduction...

Theses magazines are a real pain (literally) to load! I ordered an UPLULA as soon as I got home last night. My only other issue it the cost of the mags. Locally they are $40 each. Online I have seen them available from $33-$45. Hopefully the price will come down as the pistol becomes more popular.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase. I like the manual safety and since I plan on getting some trigger work done I feel it was a smart choice.

I think the M&P 45 is tough to beat especially with the current $50 rebate and two free mags!

I plan on competeing in a steel plate match on 12/2 with this pistol and will post an update then.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time! That UMC is definitely messy. After shooting an entire 250 round box yesterday, the front sight on mine was entirely obliterated, no white dot left...
actually, the entire front end of the pistol was covered in gray residue...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got mine yesterday and I fire 50 round and I have a liter of white dot left.

First gun I have in my live and I loved, the last two round is very hard loud.

·
Registered
308 Posts
tom said:
Got mine yesterday and I fire 50 round and I have a liter of white dot left.

First gun I have in my live and I loved, the last two round is very hard loud.

Welcome to the site Tom. Order an UpLula for loading your magazine...it will make your life better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts