MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have theirs ported?



Just got back from the range today and tested my now "ported" M&P 9mm after having Magnaport do their usual good work. Although the 9mm already is pretty recoil limited, having the gun done really helped tame the muzzle flip. I've got arthritis in my fingers now pretty bad, and although the M&P 9 fits my hand almost perfectly, the reduction in recoil helps me last longer for more rounds i believe...



only drawback i can see is the extra dirt that accumulates on the barrel and the inside of the slide from all the exaust gasses doing their thing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
Cool.

Could you post some pics?


I agree it would be nice
:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Ported?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Thanks! Learned something new again today
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
From an asthetic standpoint I think ported handguns look pretty crappy. BUT hey thats my opinion. I kinda like the virgin look of my 40. Of course as I get more M&P's they'll have to look different SO maybe just maybe I'll get one ported SOMEDAY, but that won't be until I make my millions by playing the stock market the right way and I can sit at home plinking all day long while my wife brings me cold glasses of fresh squeezed lemonade one right after the other.




Hey I can dream can't I?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Interesting??? :|

I wonder if a 5" barrel, ported nearer to the end, outside the slide would work :? :?: Any comments or technical dificulties...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Doing the port on a barrel that extends beyond the slide is a true compensator, I think. From what I have read they work very well.



They don't lend themselves to CCW like the Magnaports do but should do well at the range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
i nderstand the value in porting when it comes to recoil reduction and whatnot...



does it compromise accuracy or anything? any other "problems" other than extra dirtiness inside the gun?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
I like it, more so I will have it done to my 5" Pro Series along with Doctor Optics and Dan Burwell Stippling and trigger work. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, January...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
f-bomb said:
i nderstand the value in porting when it comes to recoil reduction and whatnot...



does it compromise accuracy or anything? any other "problems" other than extra dirtiness inside the gun?


Personally, my 44 magnum became more accurate post-porting. It might be a mental thing, but I saw no loss in accuracy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
I like it, more so I will have it done to my 5" Pro Series along with Doctor Optics and Dan Burwell Stippling and trigger work. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, January...


tax season huh :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,133 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker']I like it, more so I will have it done to my 5" Pro Series along with Doctor Optics and Dan Burwell Stippling and trigger work. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, January...


tax season huh :?:[/quote]



Speakin of... how much did it cost you for the porting burnjob (if you don't mind me asking)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker']I like it, more so I will have it done to my 5" Pro Series along with Doctor Optics and Dan Burwell Stippling and trigger work. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, January...


tax season huh :?:[/quote]



No knucklehead, that's when the 5" Pro Series is supposedly going on the market...
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top