MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Peeps, I'm looking at a new M&P 2.0 .45 and stumbled across this forum. I have a local shop that stocks these and I'm dying to go check one out this weekend. About the only negative info I've heard concerns the trigger pull being a bit hit or miss. If I go with it I'll likely replace the trigger shoe since I don't care for the articulated shoe. Anything I need to know about these guns ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buy the Shield by all means. Shoots very soft for a 45, points great and will shoot almost any type of ammo. I'm going to replace my Glock 43X with my Shield 45 as my everyday carry as soon as my Tier 1 holster comes in. The 43 X is going to my wife. She shoots it really well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Do you mean a .45 Compact, Full Size, or Shield?

I carry a M&P45 2.0 Compact IWB daily, and it's manageable and concealable - with the right holster.

I've fired a Shield in .40 and a Compact in 9mm, but I prefer the .45 Compact over all of them. Nowhere near as small and concealable as a Shield, but shoots so nice you don't care.

If you like to shoot your (.45) carry gun a lot, it's hard to beat the overall feel of the Compact.

As with most of the M&P pistol line, the triggers are the weakest link - but that's an easy fix if you choose.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a 2.0 .45 Compact. Ten rounds. Four inch barrel. More accurate than any of my full sized 9 or .40 or .357 SIG M&P pistols.

The Apex trigger kit is awesome in the 2.0 pistols. Both my 2.0's have Apex kits in them.

Every now and then you can find the 10 round and 14 round M&P .45 acp mags on sale. I've gotten really good deals on all of the ones I've bought.

I like the .45 well enough I may spend the extra bucks for a red dot and having the slide milled for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't found the Compact locally yet but the 4.6" full size model is obtainable here. I did get to examine the Compact model a couple of years ago and liked how it felt. I'm not intending to EDC on body but rather something to keep in my vehicle which doubles as my office for 10 hours a day, so size is less of a factor for me, accuracy and reliability far more important. Are these ok to shoot with hard cast lead bullets ?

Thanks in advance !

Pete

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've shot some lead bullets in mine. Not a lot, but no leading issues. These use "traditional" cut rifle barrels with real lands/grooves. Not the twisted method of making barrels as used in the Glocks and some other European fire arms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We shoot mostly lead, at least since the drought started anyway. Nice to know I can use them in the Smith's. Sounds like the Compact is worth searching for up here for sure. Thanks guys !

·
Registered
539 Posts
In the 2.0's (as far as I know) the "Compact" is a full sized frame with a 4" slide/barrel. A "Full Sixed" 2.0 .45 has the 4&1/4" barrel/slide. No difference in the frame/round count.

Now (again, as I understand it) in the 1.0 .45 acp Compact the frame was different and it only held 8 rounds. Not sure about barrel length.

Just wanted to let you know to compare the full sized vs compact .45's in the 2.0 models.

·
Registered
448 Posts
In the 2.0's (as far as I know) the "Compact" is a full sized frame with a 4" slide/barrel. A "Full Sixed" 2.0 .45 has the 4&1/4" barrel/slide. No difference in the frame/round count.

Now (again, as I understand it) in the 1.0 .45 acp Compact the frame was different and it only held 8 rounds. Not sure about barrel length.

Just wanted to let you know to compare the full sized vs compact .45's in the 2.0 models.
That is correct. Length of the slide is the difference between FS and Compact for a 2.0.

The slightly shorter slide helps for concealment, but the Compact is still a pretty good-sized pistol - which is one thing I like about it in .45.

Not sure about the previous gen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts