MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the current "street price" on a 9C w/factory night sights? I am loving my .45, but I understand the 9's and .40's ae a little cheaper.

Hoping to pick one up and take advantage of the rebate/mag offer and don't want to spend anymore than I have to.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
475 Posts
One could probably pull in around $400, if the gun is in excellent condition and doesn't have thousands of rounds through it.

As the old saying goes, its worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. But I feel $400 is fair.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check out www.budsgunshop.com, you can usually order them for like $439 shipped.

Some local gun shops have been known to sell them for as little as $399, but those deals aren't easy to find.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Oh, is he talking brand new? D'oh! I thought he meant used.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have looked at dozens of M&P pistols - I own 3 of them - have never seen one with factory night sights -

S&W web site does not even list a SKU for the M&P with factory night sights. But does have the night sights.

390100000 $52.50 X FRONT SIGHT (NIGHT)

390790000 $123.90 X REAR SIGHT (NIGHT)

So for only $176.40 plus shipping and TAX (which S&W charges on every order) my guess $200 you can get the night sights - maybe another $25 to have someone install (from what I have read the rear sight can be a little bit of a PITA)

$225 seems like a lot for night sights -

Crimson Trace has a laser for the full size M&P - I tested one at a gun show - pretty cool - it raised the price of the gun $200 (list price is $329) - I would guess the laser for the compact model will be out soon. It just replaces the stock back strap.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/...45/Default.aspx

Edit - I have considered buying just the front night sight - even though it seems like in most SD situations (close range) night sights would not be all that important anyway - even in low light - having better visibility to the front sight would be a good thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Buds has night sites for $99, just click on your model then look at the bottom. $99 is not bad for night sights and from what I can see they are S&W factory night sights.

Good Luck and Be Safe!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
z71bill said:
390100000 $52.50 X FRONT SIGHT (NIGHT)

390790000 $123.90 X REAR SIGHT (NIGHT)

So for only $176.40 plus shipping and TAX (which S&W charges on every order) my guess $200 you can get the night sights - maybe another $25 to have someone install (from what I have read the rear sight can be a little bit of a PITA)

$225 seems like a lot for night sights
The factory night sights are just Trijicon SA37 night sights. A set will set you back around $109 delivered. Mounting is usually $25 or so, or you can buy a sight tool for a a hundred bucks and be all set for a lifetime of DIY installations. I like Crimson Trace as well but as a supplement to night sights not a replacement. Night sights don't give away your location.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel great then!

I have to come clean and admit it was kind of a troll question. I was able t pick one up under the LE discount program. $479 with factory night sights (yes they do exist) and the LE ones come with three mags instead of two.

Factor in the $50 rebate and two more magazines, and I hooked a major sweet deal I think.

FYI for others- SW is VERY liberal with the LE program- not just for commisioned officers. I am 911 center/Civilian employee of Sheriff office and I qualified. Firefighters, EMS, etc. If you have department ID, regardless of postion, you will likely qualify.

This seems to be true for Glock as well. Now if SIG would just do the same I would be happy as a pig in shite!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts